Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Oh wow, completely missed that. Thanks!

For the most part it should suit the circumstances you described. But there are limitations such as the thumbnail wont open in the lightbox, but it will toggle (expand/contract) if clicked.

The main issue I had before was when duplicate were spoiled (the HTTP is capitalised), so when a quote (containing a duplicate image) is again quoted on a different page the image is a spoiler and that's not how the original post was posted.

It's gets confusing after a while, all these different conditions. But the thumbnail solved many problems and actually improved readability in some ways too.

13-Oct-2014 06:58:28 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2014 07:04:37 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Vandalizes said :
Indyy, does imgur not work with linkify anymore? i tried 2 gifs and they wont work :o only shows link

There two kinds of links commonly used with imgur, with and without file extension. With file extension is a direct link and linkify will embed those.

It's up to the person who posts link to choose the option (see image below)

http://i.imgur.com/d4eDFTn.png
^
Example is with png, but it's the same for gifs and other formats.

The thing is, if there is no file extension, I can't guess what it is, if it's gif, png, jpg, etc. So direct links are needed. the same goes for gyazo too.

Puush is the only exception to this, file extensions are not needed because the puush servers handle all links as though they are direct.

If people post direct links there will be no problem with embedding.

Same image link as above without extension...
http://i.imgur.com/d4eDFTn

If you like, you can post the link and I'll be happy to take a look at it. Also what Lust suggested should work too.

13-Oct-2014 09:43:31 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2014 10:00:08 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Post the link here and I'll be happy to check it out. If there is a problem I can see what needs to be done :)

Edit: Okay I see what's going on. The 'v' at the end of extension is the issue. I'm not sure if it's actually a legit format but I think I can do something to accommodate it.

13-Oct-2014 10:00:59 - Last edited on 13-Oct-2014 10:14:22 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top