Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hmmm, I'm not having that problem but I don't make many threads outside of HLF. Here'e the last one I made, it appears as it should.

Note that it was a thread that was made in June, but never got hilighted. It fell off my profile, then came back on it after re-posting to it the other day. I just figured since it was in another hidden forum that that might have been the case to why the thread title was not saved. It's nothing big, just wondered.

Edit 1:
Indecent Act said :
That's exactly right Dsctatom,

Well I don't think I did. I'll go check that now then.

Edit 2:
I feel like an idiot. I forgot I had the thread renamed a few days after being made. That would be the reason. Sorry for the goose chase. /facepalm

Indecent Act said :
A simple method to add older threads, is to create a new thread with the exact same title, preview and cancel. Don't submit it. That will then colour the thread title in profiles.

Thank you! ^_^

20-Sep-2014 05:03:44 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2014 05:16:17 by Ryan M

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ryan M said :
I feel like an idiot. I forgot I had the thread renamed a few days after being made. That would be the reason. Sorry for the goose chase. /facepalm

Nooo, please don't feel that way. I encourage everyone to question things. If something doesn't appear to be right, I wan't to know about it. Something good almost always comes out of these question.

Now you know an easy way to add threads so they'll be coloured yellow. I used that for threads that I made before RS Linkify. My hiscores thread for example.

Never hesitate to question something on this thread, that's what it's here for :)

20-Sep-2014 05:29:29 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2014 05:30:14 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Update: Version 3.1.4.7

- Twitch embedding has been added to RS Linkify, thanks
Blasty
for the help (I still hate their API's and their embed code, and the fact they use flash grrr!)

- I have fixed the author icon ( long overdue I know :/ ). When navigating from a profile or search results it should now be applied appropriately. When showing posts from a user they wont be shown as author unless they actually are.

There can be a slight delay when applying the icon in these situations since an extra query is needed to determine the author. However so far (fingers crossed) it seems to be working nicely.

- Titles and clan names have been improved slightly. I've reduced the chance of them not displaying, however this is not infallible. There is rate limit and once reached a cool-down period must elapse before they display again.

- Twitter embedding has had some tweaks. Mobile twitter URLs will now embed, and links to twitter images (.../photo/1) will embed the tweet with the image. I'm not sure about all the ins and outs with twitter, social media noob here, but I think the basics are now covered.

I think that's about it for this update. Been lots of encouraging comments and great feedback lately, so big thank you to all that have posted :)

Cuppa's for all!

http://img2.draugas.lt/galerija/n/o/p/nopupacopilemumucabenolotitesi.jpg

20-Sep-2014 06:22:00

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Testing. Very nice. :D
http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/b/570110493

Edit:A single ', is needed before class="trk" so the Watch live link works properly. :)

Testing Twitter.
https://twitter.com/JagexMac/status/512648382540963840/photo/1

20-Sep-2014 07:32:16 - Last edited on 20-Sep-2014 08:14:05 by Ryan M

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was looking at the friends list option where you have to type your friends in and so I looked at my adv log and there's an aptly named object (friends) that contains this information. I don't have a long enough list to fully test it, so part of it was done on the assumption of how it'd work, but I think it'll work regardless:

$('.tabbednav__list').append('<div id="export_fl"><input type="button" onclick="get_friends()" value="Export Friends"></div>');
var fr = friends.results, key, key2, friends_list = '';
function get_friends() {
for (key in fr)
for (key2 in fr[key].friends)
friends_list += '\n' + fr[key].friends[key2].name;
$('#export_fl').html('<textarea>' + friends_list.substr(1) + '</textarea>');
}

That will add a button to the right of the friends tab that when clicked will turn into a textarea with the friends list already formatted properly for copying. I did this very late at night so I put zero effort into making it pretty or adding frilly features (like one click copying and such); you can get the gist of it from that and the core functionality is there.

20-Sep-2014 07:55:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
Edit:A single ', is needed before class="trk" so the Watch live link works properly. :)

Oh damn, thanks for pointing that out. Uploading a fix right now, should be live in 20-30 min or so.

­­­­

@Dsctatom, nice. I'm currently in the process of rewriting my settings pages and this is what I'm using to import directly into the list on the options page.

In the callback there is a tally of friends that I use to know how many times I need to increase the currentpage value. I think max results returned is 25 but I'm not sure, I need to double check that.

$.ajax({
url: 'h ttp://services.runescape.com/c=SESSION_ID/m=website-data/playerFriendsDetails.json?resultsPerPage=24&currentPage=1&callback=?',
async: true,
dataType: "jsonp",
timeout: 3000,
success: function(response) {
console.log(response);
},error: function () {
//handle errors depending on http status assume no longer logged in
//or rate limit is in effect?
}
});

I'm guessing in the end it's the same function that's getting called, though I like the fact I can handle errors. I'll have a closer look at yours a bit later on.

Thanks for posting, at a glance yours looks pretty cool, I like to see different approaches :)

20-Sep-2014 08:27:56 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2015 05:41:41 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top