Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm almost ready to push out an update with the http://puu.sh/a8VYT.png icon to indicate OP's posts.

I have a question (hoping Rowley will see this since the icon was his idea, actually the whole thing was his suggestion).

Does the very first post need a badge? We know it's the OP cos well it's the OP. I'm not sure if it's silly stating the obvious with an icon on the post#1 of the thread.

Maybe it would be better aesthetically if it had the icon, or maybe it would be better to have at least one post with the default badge (or god mode icon).

Or maybe I'm over thinking this?

I just don't want to push out an update until I have I got it right. I'm just not sure what way to go with this last detail.

13-Jul-2014 08:28:00

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think every one of OPs posts in a thread should have it, just for consistency's sake. (I like consistency, keep him happy!)

I honestly don't think people would be annoyed at losing the 'God Mode' icon in just their own thread, or at least I wouldn't be. I'd much rather have the rest of the Linkify users know I'm the OP and I'm replying to them.

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask as I got tired of using a God mode icon myself, I have them enabled for other people though.

You should maybe ask someone who uses God icons themselves whether they'd mind :)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

13-Jul-2014 08:46:27

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I think every one of OPs posts in a thread should have it, just for consistency's sake. (I like consistency, keep him happy!)

I honestly don't think people would be annoyed at losing the 'God Mode' icon in just their own thread, or at least I wouldn't be. I'd much rather have the rest of the Linkify users know I'm the OP and I'm replying to them.

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask as I got tired of using a God mode icon myself, I have them enabled for other people though.

You should maybe ask someone who uses God icons themselves whether they'd mind :)

I agree with Joe :) I wouldn't mind not seeing my god icon on my own threads!

­­­­ The Purple Sorceress ­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

13-Jul-2014 09:32:15

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Update: Version 3.0.9.0.

OP's posts within their thread will have the Quill icon http://puu.sh/a8VYT.png display in place of the forum badge on their posts.

I have been scouring the forums for threads to test this on.

Tested on threads created by members and non members.
Tested on posts where the first post is hidden.
Tested on threads created by fMods and jMods.
Tested on threads where the author is using god icons.
Tested on threads with many hidden posts.
Tested on threads made by non member fmods.
Tested on locked threads.
Tested with multiple browser tabs browsing multiple different threads.

So far in all the above cases I can resolve the thread creator's name from any where, not bad considering that info isn't in the page in most cases.

I've been in rants forum for hours now, that's a great testing area because of all the different combinations of hidden posts and locked threads, and the fact things move slowly there.

But now I'm all forumed out. Reading rants for hours can't be good for what little sanity I have lol.

If I've missed anything please let me know (but go easy on me). This has been quite a tricky update but I think well worth it :)

13-Jul-2014 14:42:06

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ooh awesome!

I was wondering if I could get this as an avatar please? Last one I promise >_<

http://i.imgur.com/2SyqNbY.png
Edit: woops forgot to resize
help.

13-Jul-2014 15:13:21 - Last edited on 13-Jul-2014 15:39:05 by Lust

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top