RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indyy, have you seen the companion?

http://www.runescape.com/companion

I'm kinda excited because one limitation of the fish flingers app idea I had was that it would require people interacting with something external and returning to the client/browser.

With the companion, it opens a door to using javascript to grab data from in-game chats and post them to a google apps script to be processed.

There are some limitations, but I'm really interested in seeing what the limitations are and how it can be used.

I haven't found a way to trigger sending a message with just javascript, I think they've tried to prevent that from being possible.

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

17-Dec-2013 17:50:56

Aby
Nov Member 2019

Aby

Posts: 21,298 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty, just wondering how easy it would be to have you add bunny ears to my cat for the easter season?

Currently i have:

Normal cat for all year round
Christmas cat for december-new year

Need:

Bunny ears on cat
A halloween themed cat (idk how i'll do that 1 if u got ideas)
A thanksgiving themed cat (idk how i'll do that 1 either if u got ideas)

Or should i just wait until then? :P

­­­­­­
~
A
b
y
#
~

~ ­<3 #1 Cat lover on RS ~ ­<3 Cats are life ­<3 ~­­­­­­

17-Dec-2013 19:47:16

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

lol, bunny ears wouldn't be as easy as santa hat, google images doesn't give much good inspiration. I might give it a go sometime, otherwise remind me around easter. :p

Hallowe'en could probably be a couple of things, cheesy/scapey is probably better. Pumpkin mask would be easy, noticeable and recognisable.

About thanksgiving, google images pretty much just has either a turkey mask, peasant or red indian mask.

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty

17-Dec-2013 19:55:17

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

About RS companion, I made something that demonstrates posting chat data to apps script for processing.

It's limited though, because it requires logging into an account to idle in companion lobby/chat and to set up a script (on the companion) posting chat data with regular intervals.

I'm not sure if the effort is worth it to make an automatic chat log/processor.

It could be used for peng fc's maybe, or price check fc's. Doesn't seem practical so I guess it'll just be an interesting idea without any applications >.<

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty

17-Dec-2013 20:15:06 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2013 20:25:03 by Blasty

Meredith wtf

Meredith wtf

Posts: 4,160 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Blasty said :
Indyy, have you seen the companion?

http://www.runescape.com/companion

I'm kinda excited because one limitation of the fish flingers app idea I had was that it would require people interacting with something external and returning to the client/browser.

With the companion, it opens a door to using javascript to grab data from in-game chats and post them to a google apps script to be processed.

There are some limitations, but I'm really interested in seeing what the limitations are and how it can be used.

I haven't found a way to trigger sending a message with just javascript, I think they've tried to prevent that from being possible.

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­

Oh wow that is awesome

17-Dec-2013 20:18:10

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It could be really neat to have that on the side of the forums so you could chat with friends while browsing forums (and just think, no more hand typing QFC's in-game!).. But would that be something to worry about safety wise? The extension would be accessing your login details in order to retrieve and display the information wouldn't it?

Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

17-Dec-2013 21:20:57

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top