Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Black Death

Black Death

Posts: 7,388 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
suggestion and this was because i got confused at first.

Anyway for you to make the forum avatars work on the main page? as well as a few other pages. Examples; Grand exchange page, Adventures log page. highscores and so on. I don't know how to code "yet" so i don't know how difficult it would be to do :p

http://puu.sh/90lKH.jpg

And yes i had to take the picture when the creepy man face was on screen :D

http://puu.sh/90mfS.jpg

25-May-2014 11:35:27 - Last edited on 25-May-2014 11:41:15 by Black Death

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ I realise it's not consistent and I can do it but...

...it is intentional. I originally made my extension to run on the forum pages and not interact with the rest of the site for a couple of reasons.

I did this so it wont clash with other extensions and most importantly by limiting it to the forums it couldn't run on login pages. The site and forums have changed since then. Login screen has changed, forums have been upgraded and my original concerns may not be as relevant now.

But if I changed it and updated it to run on the rest of the site, every RS-Linkify user would get a message in their browser saying
' RS-Likify has changed its permissions and wants to run on all pages on runescape.com '
. No updates would be applied unless the user agreed.

That might not be a big deal for some. But personally I'd encourage anyone to question such a message when using third party software. It could (understandably) put some people off using it.

So that's the long answer to why it doesn't run on non forum pages. I'm not keen to change it unless I really have to.

Your suggesting isn't a bad one, and tbh if I knew back then how much this project was going to grow I'd have done things a little differently.

Originally custom avatars didn't show in the top right. That was actually a request from players :)

25-May-2014 12:13:35 - Last edited on 25-May-2014 12:19:23 by Indecent Act

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
indy for president of jagex

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
..::;;::..
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´