Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
­­­­
­­ Update: Version 3.0.0.2 ­­

-Back button no longer duplicates signatures that contain RS Linkify tags.

-Added restore defaults to custom colour BB tags options.

-Avatars are no longer affected by hidden posts.

-Player Titles have their suffixes and prefixes re-ordered to make sense grammatically

-Links with anchors no longer fall short of their target. Working example this post

Blasty said :
E: Just noticed my notes in credits, put a smile on my currently unwell face :D :D :D

That little mention of you doesn't do justice, but I couldn't find the right words to say how much I appreciate and respect your opinions, without sounding corny. The best I can do is acknowledge your help and thank you for it.

Glad it put a smile on your dial :)

And get well soon!­­­­

16-Dec-2013 03:48:34 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2013 05:26:25 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll hide it now before people begin to mock you ! :P

E: On a more serious note, I may have just discovered (one of) the issue(s) with empty quoting.

If you click and drag, to highlight, where there is no text, and then click the Quote button, the quote in the text box appears empty. In the past this may have fixed itself since nothing was actually highlighted, and the forum update could've broken it.

Check this for an example location (it has to be somewhere in the actual post, it seems):
http://puu.sh/5Oy1v.png

­­­­
Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.
­­­­
Selective Completionist

16-Dec-2013 14:18:09 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2013 15:12:25 by Amaethwr

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aww, Linkify has, for a while, been the highlight of HLF and thus RS in general, for me. I haven't said it enough but I really appreciate all the work that goes into linkify, and all the interesting discussions and the feature testing that come from it. There's no other thread I check as religiously. Simply put, it's the best thread in rsof :P (also because linkify literally improves rsof haha)

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

16-Dec-2013 14:45:35 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2013 04:16:10 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Amaethwr, nicely spotted. I just tried that and can reproduce exactly what you described. Even just clicking on a post does it.

Should be easy to fix, I'm pretty sure I know what's going on.

@Blasty, ah that makes sense and is a little embarrassing. I'm usually pretty good with my attributes/names/properties. I did just pretty much copy & paste most of my settings page straight into this build. I kind of thought not rewriting it might come back to bite me.

I think my next big task will be to totally redo the settings page. The categories need some work too. Writing options is my pet hate tbh and it kind of shows, so it's time to sort it out.

Thank you both so much, I couldn't reproduce the quoting thing after hours of trying. And I knew something was up with the settings, but I hadn't made the connection with the radio buttons.

Tomorrow I'll have a fix both these issues :)

16-Dec-2013 16:01:34

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Np :P I don't even know what gave me the idea to check it..

­­­­
Let me live, so when it's time to die, even the Reaper cries.
­­­­
Selective Completionist

16-Dec-2013 16:44:22 - Last edited on 16-Dec-2013 16:48:56 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Small update: Version 3.0.0.5

- the occurrence of empty quotes has been resolved (thanks Amaethwr).

- the post# settings no longer clash with black/white lists (thanks Blasty). Post# and/or black/white list options will need to be checked and saved after updating.

- Typos & spelling mistakes fixed (thanks Amaethwr & Blasty).

- New error correction for custom avatars. Avatars are hosted on my site, if my site is ever down (pretty rare occurrence) avatars used to fall back to their default. Now they fall back to a secondary storage hosted on Google Drive.

I think that's about it, thanks again to everyone for all the helpful feedback and bug reports :)

17-Dec-2013 03:48:07

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top