Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The resized bubbles aren't working for me, have you made any changes recently?

E: Never mind, work comp wasn't updated.

­­­­­­
AmÆ
­­­­­­

Selective Completionist

21-Oct-2013 10:26:56 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2013 10:27:49 by Amaethwr

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Looks good. Will it always be there, or will it appear through drop down boxes similar to the RS page, or something else?

Another thing, will it's width be based on monitor sizes? Some people have huge monitors, but this one I have at work only allows a little bit of room either side of the forums:
HTTP://puu.sh/4Vzuc.jpg

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
­
Selective Completionist

21-Oct-2013 12:47:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Amaethwr, that's actually where I'm up to atm, working out the size.

The side panel is a toggle, so it's completely optional.

I'm have tested it on 1280 x 1024 monitor, and it's not ideal. I have tried a few things from making it transparent to squashing the content but it's not working out for small monitors or low resolutions. I think anything above 1280 screen width will be fine.

To be honest there is allot I'm unsure about with this, and I still don't even know if I like it or not. I think I've been looking at it too long.

Basically it won't suit everyone, but it can be completely hidden if you choose not to use it.

Assuming I can put the time in, I should be able to publish it soon (in the next few days). I could actually upload it now, but I'm still undecided on a few things.

­­
­­­­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~­­­­
­­
­

21-Oct-2013 13:23:16

Rugmonkey

Rugmonkey

Posts: 279 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know sometimes when you get logged out of the forums for no reason, why exactly does that happen? Would be an awesome fix!

Also, sometimes (I think unrelated to the above point, but hard to test when I don't know why I'm getting logged out occasionally) I right click on people's forum pictures (both custom and actual ones I think) and the "Hiscores" option isn't there. I'd love to give you more info on when this happens to me, so you could recreate/investigate it etc, but unfortunately I can't help - I don't hiscore check people on every thread and it just seems that most of the time it does work, but sometimes it doesn't :(

21-Oct-2013 14:02:04

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Hmm.. Should be fine on my home monitor then. I guess it would be quite alright to cover a part of the forums, but be able to close it again easily for anyone that is using a smaller monitor.
Maybe just something kinda small would work, like this crudely edited artwork (stole it from the friends/players online thingy in top right):
HTTP://puu.sh/4VFMI.jpg

Unless you could create one of those boxes that scrolls down the page when you scroll? Not sure how better to explain it, but so that people wouldn't have to scroll to the top every time they wanted to use it.

Rugmonkey said :
You know sometimes when you get logged out of the forums for no reason, why exactly does that happen? Would be an awesome fix!

I think Indy would need our login info for this to work, so that it automatically logs us back in. I would imagine it is some kind of security measure, that we get auto-logged out after so long.

E: Come to think of it, if you could make the button that follows you up/down the page, it might work quite nicely with your design. So clicking it would make it slide out/in or something?

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
­
Selective Completionist

21-Oct-2013 16:13:18 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2013 16:23:03 by Amaethwr

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top