Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry Kieren, I did see it. I have a few unknowns with the poll. If it's embedded in an iframe I can't interact with it at all. All I can do is display frame contents.

This called same domain policy. It means what's running or loaded from a different server can't interact with the parent page and vice versa. This for security reasons and of course presents huge limitations but it's for the greater good.

I need to see what Blasty comes up with, I'm kind of leaving it up to him. Basically he can pull his hair out over this one :)

02-Sep-2013 00:14:39

Makaveli
Nov Member 2023

Makaveli

Posts: 6,054 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Would it be possible to make an option to like/dislike posts? Just an idea... it probably isn't or you'd have already implemented it, I guess :p

I've been asked about this before. There are a few issues. All RS Linkify users are anonymous, so I have no way of knowing if people like once or 1000 times.

But there are other issues too. It depends on what you want to like. Likes for threads and or likes for posts both have different pros and cons. All the data has to be stored somewhere, users local storage is out of question (holding every like/dislike for every thread and perhaps every post is just too much). An external server isn't practical because again I can't authenticate users. That leaves storing the data in posts. The problem then is many automated page requests to tally the data.

It's really easy to do, if you have access to the server that's hosting the pages. But I have access to browser (with huge limitations) and nothing more. Sadly it's not something I can do properly.

Alright, I thought it'd be something like that :(

02-Sep-2013 00:23:27

Fairytales
Nov Member 2019

Fairytales

Posts: 7,345 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry Kieren, I did see it. I have a few unknowns with the poll. If it's embedded in an iframe I can't interact with it at all. All I can do is display frame contents.

This called same domain policy. It means what's running or loaded from a different server can't interact with the parent page and vice versa. This for security reasons and of course presents huge limitations but it's for the greater good.

I need to see what Blasty comes up with, I'm kind of leaving it up to him. Basically he can pull his hair out over this one :)

That kinda scared me off :3

It's a bit sad they can't actually implement these features themselves honestly, or hire you to just do it for them.

02-Sep-2013 00:43:40 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2013 00:44:22 by Fairytales

Wakko
Oct Member 2023

Wakko

Posts: 6,574 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since there is so much spam / trolling going on, can you add a 4th option to color the background for those we black list as HLF Trolls? This way I can skip reading unnecessary posts that for sure we would know is just spam/junk posts.

02-Sep-2013 03:01:05

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since there is so much spam / trolling going on, can you add a 4th option to color the background for those we black list as HLF Trolls? This way I can skip reading unnecessary posts that for sure we would know is just spam/junk posts.
Lol, almost every single post to almost every single thread would be black.

Shh...
No one will know...

02-Sep-2013 14:27:37

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For some reason the quote button is not working for me at all o_O

Edit: Works with Linkify disabled. I can't even plain-text quote something.

Edit v2: Managed to fix it.. "Better popup blocker" stops it from working. Something to do with JavaScript I imagine?

beep beep boop
Unslain Bosses - Clan

02-Sep-2013 16:08:50 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2013 16:11:06 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Wakko C R, for now the best solution I can think of is use clan or friends list and add the names you want to ignore. Then set the background colour to the font colour that's used in forums. It's not the best solution but it works.

I'll edit this post with the font colour in just a sec.
Edit: here's the hex for the colour: #CCCCCC

@MaxQ, study hard, will miss not seeing you around as much.

@Rowley, It must be. The RS-Linkify quoting function comes from an external script that I wrote to fix the problems with quoting edited posts. The script has nothing at all to do with pop ups, so it's either blocking or conflicting.

Anyway glad you got it worked out :)

02-Sep-2013 16:30:07 - Last edited on 02-Sep-2013 16:37:34 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top