Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
I suppose 6 hours makes sense considering the game also used to log you out after the same amount of time :P

I never made that connection, it sounds good to me :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Update incoming.
Version: 3.1.9.85

New option that keeps you logged in for longer is under Miscellaneous Settings

22-Feb-2017 07:09:02

Hugopluks13

Hugopluks13

Posts: 9,931 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy,

Thanks for the update, will be using it.

Something entirely different I've noticed occasionally, is that in the following situation:
1) You have a decently large post typed (long enough that you get a scroll bar).
2) You select some text and then click on the url or qfc buttons (this uses the selected text within the tags).
When you do that, you scroll all the way up and your cursor is put at the very start of the box. Is that something Linkify would be able to fix? (I'd assume it's an rsof problem, but didn't test that)
You will never get anything for free. Anyone claiming that is trying to scam, lure or hijack you.
Twitter: @Hugopluks13 || Currently playing on: Rhydon || Dutch

22-Feb-2017 16:53:38 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2017 16:53:54 by Hugopluks13

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Hiya Hugo,

I'm pretty sure I can do something about that. It has actually been a problem with the forums forever. It was something I fixed before the forum re-skin and it's one of those things that I never got around to adding into this build.

I'll take a look at during the weekend and hopefully get an update out shortly after. Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

22-Feb-2017 22:23:08

Rowlii

Rowlii

Posts: 1,717 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,

Is there something in the Streamable embed code that defines whether it's HD or not?

For instance, the follow video is perfectly fine quality when played in its own window, however, when embedded, it's like I'm watching a Youtube video from the early 2000s:

https://streamable.com/8lh7m

ht tps://streamable.com/8lh7m
izi

24-Feb-2017 11:08:28

Rowlii

Rowlii

Posts: 1,717 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Compare the thumbnail to the actual quality, and open the video in a new tab (so it's on streamable.com), there's a noticeable difference in quality.

e: http://i.imgur.com/gVC7HL2.png
izi

24-Feb-2017 15:53:37 - Last edited on 24-Feb-2017 15:55:05 by Rowlii

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Hiya Rowlii :)

I have looked into the quality thing. Streamable set the quality and give the user and the developer zero options. There isn't even a quality setting in their player, nor any mention of quality settings in their api docs.

However I have been able to determine that their server seems to choose what they serve depending on the embed size (I think). Small screen real estate means they serve for mobile.

Since the space for embedding on forums is small (670px width max) they may be dishing out video for mobile when embedding dimensions less than 800px or something to that effect.

What I can do is not use their player and remove any fallback to mobile, the end result is the left side of the below image.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/TSULbO6.png
^
Wow that was hard getting two 2 different players to stop on the same frame :)

You can see in the pic the video controls are different. The left one (higher quality) has some differences. Clicking the vid wont toggle between play and pause and the controls don't auto hide. Some functionality is lost in removing their player and their fallback to mobile.

I can write some code to toggle play/pause without having to use the control bar, and I can write some kind of auto hide on hover in/out function for the controls.

But it may take me a little while because this involves loads of testing so it plays nicely and doesn't clash with anything else embedded on the same page.

I'll see how it goes, I feel I can improve the video quality without losing functionality if I write my own, but I can't say its a sure thing as yet.

I'll just say for now it looks like it's not meant to be do-able, so that means I'll probably find a way to do it :)

24-Feb-2017 23:29:39

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top