Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Huge Charlie

Open your profile and copy this, make sure to only select the thread title like this...
http://puu.sh/4Mijb.png

Then in any forum section click create new thread, and do this...
http://puu.sh/4Mior.jpg

and that's it, that thread will appear yellow in all forum profiles you view :)

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

10-Oct-2013 07:57:15

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Had a quick look at the new complaint thread, and thought, maybe we could choose which threads we want as sticky threads? So each person can have any amount of stickied threads.

I don't know how difficult this could be, or if it would even be of much use to many people. Might need some help from F-Mods for the coding on stickying (dat inspect element) or something, I don't know.. :P

&#8750 &#9810&#9810 &#10050 Amæ

Selective Completionist

10-Oct-2013 11:49:11 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2013 11:49:56 by Amaethwr

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Had a quick look at the new complaint thread, and thought, maybe we could choose which threads we want as sticky threads? So each person can have any amount of stickied threads.

I don't know how difficult this could be, or if it would even be of much use to many people. Might need some help from F-Mods for the coding on stickying (dat inspect element) or something, I don't know.. :P

&#8750 &#9810&#9810 &#10050 Amæ

Or like bookmarking/following threads (+notifier of some sort)

­
<
Blasty
the Blue
>

Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

10-Oct-2013 13:31:23

Aby
Nov Member 2019

Aby

Posts: 21,298 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Little update Version 2.0.5.1

This feature is thanks to Aby
When you go to your profile, it highlights all the threads you made in a different colour

From here on, any new threads you create will be displayed in yellow text on your forum profile. Like this...

http://puu.sh/4McIw.png

The nice thing is when viewing any profile this will work, for example when I look at Aby's profile it looks like this...
http://puu.sh/4McNI.png

^At a glance I see he's posted on one of my threads.

As for now this will only apply to new threads created, and any threads made before this update won't appear yellow. However there is a sneaky way to add previously made threads so they appear yellow, I'll explain how if anyone is interested.

I would like to suggest a toggle to keep quoted imaged as links to prevent page spam with the same image.

I've made a new option under Embedding: Apply spoiler tag on duplicate images.

­­­

tyvm ilu

~
A
b
y
#
~

~ Add me on PS3 ~ PSN: RSJohn7293 ~ Accepting all friend requests ~

10-Oct-2013 16:49:19

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Your welcome Aby,

There will be a couple of limitations with this. Obviously I have to put a limit on how much I save in your local storage.

Basically when you submit a new thread the title is saved in a list. When viewing a profile, all the threads listed in the profile are cross matched with your saved list of thread titles. When a match is found it's recolours to yellow.

When around 500 titles have been saved, RS-Linkify will do one of two things. It will either remove the last thread title from your list and insert a new one at the start of your list, or it will do a clean out and remove up to 100 old thread titles.

Running the check for a big clean out will only occur when viewing your own profile and when you have 500 thread titles stored, so basically viewing your profile performs maintenance.

­­­

10-Oct-2013 18:23:52

Portus

Portus

Posts: 2,288 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the newest batches of updates, Indy :)

I noticed since the post number update I've been getting the double dreaded line when those with long names edit their posts:

http://puu.sh/4MAH0.png

I've tried reinstalling the extension but it still won't remove the name of the editor.

I'm using Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 m and Windows 8, if that helps narrow it down at all.

10-Oct-2013 18:33:34

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for the newest batches of updates, Indy :)

I noticed since the post number update I've been getting the double dreaded line when those with long names edit their posts:

http://puu.sh/4MAH0.png

I've tried reinstalling the extension but it still won't remove the name of the editor.

I'm using Chrome Version 30.0.1599.69 m and Windows 8, if that helps narrow it down at all.

Same, but only for edited posts

­
<
Blasty
the Blue
>

Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

10-Oct-2013 18:35:18

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Portus, thanks for the screenie and the info.

I just turned off switch to local times and I get it too. But when I put it to show local time it disappears. I think when setting is off it's skipping the clean up of last edited area.

Those links getting pushed into posts is my pet hate, I'll take a closer look at right now :)

Edit: I got it sorted, Version 2.0.5.3 is available now and addresses that issue.

Thanks again Portus for pointing that out, those little things are so annoying and as I said before that one in particular really annoys me.

­­­

10-Oct-2013 18:40:01 - Last edited on 10-Oct-2013 19:04:07 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top