Forums

UEFA Euro 2016 France

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I watched football up until 2005 or so, I kinda grew out of it when exams in school started to become important etc. I did watch Chelsea's Champions League final a few years back.

I started watching F1 in 2010 - I watched it up until the early 2000s when I wasn't old enough to find out when it was on for myself - started to watch World Endurance Championship last year as well as starting football earlier this year.

I like Football because there are a lot of matches, it feels like it's always on, it's nice to sink a couple of hours into it. F1, WEC, etc, are all once every few weeks, so I really do need something to fill the gaps :P

Diving/the lack of respect really does annoy me though (as you've probably seen me ranting about), that's the only downside to it imo :p

/superofftopicsorryOP
Unslain Bosses - Clan

19-Jun-2016 14:33:46

Baknoob

Baknoob

Posts: 4,680 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Meh, there's no Euro games on atm to whet our appetite, so I think a little off topic can be excused.

I understand, it's hard to know what's a dive sometimes, though. Like when running at speed, a little disturbance can cause you to fall over. The more blatant dives and 'buying' fouls is a little more annoying, granted.

On topic: are group leaders in the Euros done on head to heads? I was looking to see if any of the round of 16 games had slots filled with teams already qualified, but the only team in there already is Italy. They're top of their group, but Belgium are second on 3 points, meaning that if Italy lose, and Belgium win drastically, Belgium can still end up boasting a greater goal difference than Italy. But since Italy are the only team with a slot filled in:

http://puu.sh/pygbD.png

does this mean that groups are decided on head-to-head? (Belgium could finish level on points with Italy, but even if they have a superior goal difference, since Italy beat Belgium in their encounter, they top the group).
José Mourinho's Red Army.

19-Jun-2016 14:41:58

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah head to head is the first deciding factor:
http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/03/92/81/2039281_DOWNLOAD.pdf
Original message details are unavailable.
If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the
final tournament group matches, the following criteria are applied, in the order
given, to determine the rankings:

a. higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in
question;
b. superior goal difference resulting from the matches played among the teams
in question;
c. higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in
question;
d. if, after having applied criteria a) to c), teams still have an equal ranking,
criteria a) to c) are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in
question to determine their final rankings. If this procedure does not lead to a
decision, criteria e) to h) apply;
e. superior goal difference in all group matches;
f. higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
g. fair play conduct in the final tournament as defined in Annex C.5.1;
h. position in the UEFA national team coefficient rankings (see Annex B.1.2.b).

If two teams which have the same number of points and the same number of
goals scored and conceded play their last group match against each other and are
still equal at the end of that match, their final rankings are determined by kicks from the penalty mark (see Paragraph 19.02 to Paragraph 19.04), provided that no
other teams within the group have the same number of points on completion of
all group matches. Should more than two teams have the same number of points,
the criteria listed under Paragraph 18.01 apply.

19-Jun-2016 14:53:04 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2016 14:55:43 by Seeker

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
By "The teams in question", does that mean teams in the group, or the two teams that need separating via the criteria?

e: Nvm I get it

Italy are confirmed because no matter the result of the last two matches, Italy scored 3 points against Belgium which wins them criteria a)?
Unslain Bosses - Clan

19-Jun-2016 15:08:05 - Last edited on 19-Jun-2016 15:09:10 by Hevilmystic

R obin
Dec Member 2021

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Baknoob said :
For some reason I never really got on board with the whole Olympics hype. Hardly watched any of it, even when it was in the UK in London in 2012.

Just a bit meh, in my opinion. Lots of sports I care very little for.

100 metres/general track events are probably the pick of the bunch.

That's what appeals me in the Olympics. Lots of sports you know little about, but still interesting to watch. I love competition, so naturally I like most sports.

19-Jun-2016 15:17:29

Baknoob

Baknoob

Posts: 4,680 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Italy are confirmed because no matter the result of the last two matches, Italy scored 3 points against Belgium which wins them criteria a)?

Yeah.

Thanks btw, Seeker!

And that's fair, Robin. I'll probably watch some just in the absence of football, see if anything takes my interest.
José Mourinho's Red Army.

19-Jun-2016 15:21:58

July

July

Posts: 6,214 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like how there's something else every day in the Olympics + usually records are broken there because the participants are extremely motivated. You should give gymnastics a try when it's on during the Olympics, it's really amazing what some people can do + you get the opportunity to laugh like an immature child when someone stumbles.

19-Jun-2016 15:47:07

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671 Back to Top