Forums

UEFA Euro 2016 France

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671

Baknoob

Baknoob

Posts: 4,680 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I take your point about the Belgium - Italy game. I do remember Lukaku and Origi being wasteful with two golden chances. If Hazard had a good season last season, I think Belgium would be probably favourites (e.g. if this competition had come off the back of the 14/15 PL season). An in-form De Bruyne, Hazard and Lukaku would be truly fearsome. As it stands, two of them are a bit hit and miss atm.

Spain were dreadfully boring to watch. I don't know if you saw any of Man United last season but it was very like that, slow build up, lack of ideas, etc. They were playing a backs-to-the-wall Czech Republic, but regardless, a team so famed for its imagination and flare should have broken them down far easier than they did. Today's game will be interesting, as we'll see how they approach a team that will inevitably set up in a very similar way to the Czechs.

France have been mediocre, I agree. A few get out of jail cards from Payet and they're through, but I still think they'll make the quarters at least, if not the semis.

Germans have a somewhat frail defence. Boateng is amazing, but Hummels has an error in him, and their full backs aren't world class either; Hector is young, and Howedes is a CB by trade.

England are incredibly frustrating - we've only narrowly scraped by Wales, a team far inferior in general talent to us (bar the obvious examples of Bale and Ramsey, maybe Williams, too). We have potential, and I'm both scared and interested at the prospect of us facing a good team. I feel like we'll lose, but it's difficult to call.

Ireland v Belgium will be a very good game actually, really looking forward to it.
José Mourinho's Red Army.

17-Jun-2016 14:27:26

R obin
Dec Member 2021

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Italy-Sweden looking pretty dull atm.. Nothing is really being created, just the ball exchanging feets and team.

Pirlo is really missing from this Italian team..

17-Jun-2016 14:31:34 - Last edited on 17-Jun-2016 14:33:37 by R obin

Baknoob

Baknoob

Posts: 4,680 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Icelandic crowd is crazyyy, seen several numbers thrown round, but even 5-10% of their population being there is crazy. Like an average of 1-2 people from every workplace in the entire of Iceland would be absent.

Swedes look like they're having fun, fair play.
José Mourinho's Red Army.

17-Jun-2016 14:56:58

Quick find code: 261-262-288-65798671 Back to Top