Forums

Decrease the worlds!

Quick find code: 259-260-981-66158011

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Posts: 6,443 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jagex...hun...idk if you know this but a lot of people play rs because they meet new players and gain friendships and show off cool gear and stuff to people.

When you have 140 worlds with around 200 people in each world they just feel dead and not fun.

If you want to save RS3 bring the worlds down to a average of 400-1k people per world.

You can send me payment for how to save your game to my paypal on request.

Arch release felt like a community again with lots of players around skill spots..making new friends wanting to play and skill together..you cant do that with 30 people per world...

Shrink the world size from 140 to 50 and then when more players are playing maybe just maybe increase it.
I'm blue daba dee daba die!
Pulled 14 phats from crackers 5/6
Rank 2 Div

Investing in rares for a better tomorrow.
Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

05-May-2020 07:00:08 - Last edited on 05-May-2020 07:02:18 by Yo Blue

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Agreed to be honest.... although it would be annoying when fighting for resources (or even slayer mob locations).

I really enjoyed being able to talk to others while getting 200M Archaeology...
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

05-May-2020 09:11:04

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is so pathetic that the last two skills had people getting 200mil exp in such a short period of time. There is no true challenge anymore. So many already with comp capes. No wonder people playing OSRS make fun of RS3.

05-May-2020 11:39:20

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Go play on world 84 if you're so lonely

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

05-May-2020 19:54:47

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This would be hell for one simple reason: lag.

I don't know if you've seen the reports lately, but there's been a growing number of complaints regarding the performance of worlds. As they're more populated right now, they're commonly seeing around 250-300+ people during peak times. This is making them lag, and it is disruptive enough to cause major problems with some activities (such as high enrage Telos). You won't notice it for some stuff, or even if you're used to playing on populated worlds, but it is there and being felt by a lot of people (myself included).

It is very annoying to kill bosses in these worlds right now because of the increase in players. It's so bad that people that want to PvM hop to foreign worlds as they perform so much better and don't have annoying delays that disrupt what players are doing - that's because some of them don't have a high enough population. I hop to these worlds myself nowadays. The difference between foreign worlds (100-200 player count) and my home world (250-300+) is night and day for anything that requires quick reactions.

Cutting worlds down would only exacerbate this problem. I don't support a world reduction until this problem is fixed. It may look good to have worlds filled and full of life, but if the servers can't handle it, what good is a packed world if it introduces lag that makes your movements and responses feel sluggish? No one wants that and that's more disruptive than having empty worlds.

I'd rather empty worlds that perform great than packed worlds that have abysmal performance. Fix the issues with them first before deciding to increase world population because right now they start to crap themselves after 300+ players populate a world.

06-May-2020 06:13:15 - Last edited on 06-May-2020 06:15:15 by Singularity

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No.

I mean technical issues apart I would have softly supported it - but considering how brutally they messed up archaeology caches, after having had somewhat of 10 years of multiplayer friendly (or more than often enough even encouraging) content (apart from content that just built up on old mechanics) certainly a no for me. We are no longer in the past millenium, so other players shouldn't be a god damn liability (which obviously was part of the game design of everquest-esque and -inspired games) - and as long as they are I want to have options to avoid them. The main sites were so great after all (as Loki said). But why had they had to mess up caches so hard, after even having fixed mining (which certainly was by far the worst offender in that matter) in that aspect last year.

- Fix all major content (niche stuff doesn't matter and usually shouldn't be an issue in the first place) in which other players potentially could become a liability - a great plus would be adding optional social bonuses encouraging working with others.
- Fix the technical issues, so the game is well playable at W84 even at dxp.

Then we can talk.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

06-May-2020 07:02:44 - Last edited on 06-May-2020 12:53:08 by Rikornak

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If Jagex can fix the lag that occurs when more than 6 people enter an area with their particools then I'm in full support of a world reduction. More and more content has been designed to be less competitive (not that competitive content is a bad thing), and I think that's good for socializing but the problem with RS3 is that the game is so huge that everyone is spread out regardless of what activity they're doing, so even if there are 200 people online, 60 of them are in Prifddinas, 20 are in Varrock and the rest are in whichever area houses the best experience rate for whatever skill they're training currently.

Fix lag. Reduce worlds.
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

06-May-2020 07:41:32

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
50 worlds? The game wouldn't last 6 months. Then you would be back down to 100 people on each world. In the meantime you would have to deal with me. You should be very glad Jagex lets me play alone. Unleashing me on the general population would be a complete nightmare, nevermind the lags.

Thankfully though, the reddit people were all up in arms about the recent increased activity and the negative impact on their enjoyment of the game. So even the Jagex hole hiders are well aware of the problem.

If you want to save the game you should be suggesting they do something about how complicated the EOC version is.

For now you can just join a clan or friend chat and get yourself a flying lagmonster pet.

06-May-2020 16:32:52

Quick find code: 259-260-981-66158011 Back to Top