Forums

Decrease the worlds!

Quick find code: 259-260-981-66158011

Desupty RS

Desupty RS

Posts: 9,342 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This suggestion seems so out of touch with where the game has been heading for years. As others said, more and more has become instanced. I've recently discovered the Arc islands and that adds a couple of extra skills to the "instanced locations" pile. Literally almost every skill is afkable for a few minutes apart and now Jagex is even releasing a mobile version which allows you to "afk" at the gym, whilst in traffic or at college. To now suggest that we should go back in the opposite direction and become community driven where people actually pay attention to the game and chat with others "wc lvls?" just strikes me as very odd and not particularly a good suggestion either. Personally, I like training by myself most of the time so I don't have people asking or complementing me about my stats or calling me a bot for not responding. With that being said, a bit of social training is often enjoyed too in which cases I afk stuff at portables. My 200m firemaking at portable shantay pass was fun at times but also very toxic. Nevertheless, having a social community is good but it shouldn't be enforced. This isn't elementary school anymore where mommy pushes you to hang out and talk with the other kids. If you want to talk, join the designated community worlds for the particular skill or activity you wish to engage in.

07-May-2020 09:51:17

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
For now you can just join a clan or friend chat and get yourself a flying lagmonster pet.

lol I don't really get why people glorify heavily populated areas when everytime you go to a place like that you have to deal with people that want to be as annoying as possible.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

07-May-2020 18:03:57

Mariva

Mariva

Posts: 401 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really don't know where I stand on this issue, before reading the comments I'd definetly agree.
I feel like I'm the only one playing sometimes because the worlds are so big with so many instances and so many worlds you don't come across too many people, which is a pitty.
That being said I don't know how this would affect ping for some players, and having a stable connection is becoming increasingly more important with the more advanced pvm content coming out constantly.

17-May-2020 18:07:59

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Posts: 6,443 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you want to play alone please just go play a non mmorpg.
I'm blue daba dee daba die!
Pulled 14 phats from crackers 5/6
Rank 2 Div

Investing in rares for a better tomorrow.
Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

19-May-2020 06:09:06

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Megycal said :
No thank you! Lag would end up being a huge problem.

Upgrade your internet.
Rank 2 Div

Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

19-May-2020 06:09:39 - Last edited on 19-May-2020 06:10:51 by Yo Blue

Yo Blue
Sep Member 2007

Yo Blue

Please point me to a world with 2k people. Because there use to be 4-5 that were always full but not anymore.

I always play in the most pack world that is available when i log in and its always still dead.
Rank 2 Div

Top 25 Merchers~R~US LLC
''Retired 2016''

19-May-2020 06:10:13 - Last edited on 19-May-2020 06:12:07 by Yo Blue

Quick find code: 259-260-981-66158011 Back to Top