Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Lathow
Oct Member 2005

Lathow

Posts: 20,529 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My list is mostly based on personal preference (tasks I like doing, tasks I don't like as much) and what I hear other players say (gargoyles and nechryaels being bad for example). I also try to take xp rates into consideration but not too much.

Something else I'd like to mention is that I generally don't like meleeing so I try to get as much melee xp as possible from slayer. From an efficiency standpoint this is also good because mage and range have much higher rates and can be afk trained and whatnot. That being said, I have decided to almost completely avoid range tasks and rarely do magic tasks. I even went ahead and locked glacors, there isn't really a benefit from doing those on task as they die at more or less the same time without a slayer helm.

Anyway, I think I might change that list a little bit but it will mostly stay at that. I know most will disagree with avoiding celestials and glacors but in the end of the day, you can camp them forever after (just not on a task). As for prefers, I have dark beasts, elves (from the 1k kills), abyssal demons, and airuts and all seem really good (elves too, even though the melee to slayer ratio is nearly 1 lol). Not sure what else I'll add, we'll see.
Hi

09-Oct-2014 01:20:54

Shanks

Shanks

Posts: 3,953 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Block list -

Polypore creatures (including ganos)
Grotworms
Kalphites
Desert Strykes
Black Demons

I will probably add Gargoyles and Vyrewatch to this. And after having an actual look at all the weightings, switch Kalphites with Nechryaels as well as switching Polypore creatures with Dark Beasts.

Prefer list -

Celestials
Airuts
Elves

Tossing up between adding Automatons, Dags (DKs), TzHaar (Cauldron), WFs, Kal'gerion Demons and Abyssal Demons.
Oh, and if Jagex uses their brain and adds Skele Wyverns on to Morvran's task list, I will definitely be putting them on my prefer list.

Most of my blocks/prefers are based on exp rates and/or style used to kill. I prefer not having to use mage as i'm always on Lunars and just find it a pain to switch spellbooks even with Wicked Pouch.

09-Oct-2014 02:06:00 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2014 04:07:16 by Shanks

Blaste
Oct Member 2010

Blaste

Posts: 295 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Here is mine, I try to be efficient with xp rates while still favouring tasks that I like:

Prefer
-Airuts
-Elves
-Kalgerions
-Celestials
-Abby
-Muspah (personal preference cuz afk)
-Last spot is still open, considered preferring glacors or dbs

Block
-Garg
-Asc
-Vyrewatch
-Nechryal
-Steel dragon (high weighting and not worth doing imo)
-Grotworm
-Greaters

20-Oct-2014 23:09:38

diahara

diahara

Posts: 479 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like
Waterfiends (charms, xp)
Celestials (charms, money, xp)
Automatons (money, xp)
Black dragon (lots of money)
Nihils/muspah? (money, xp)

Block is

Ice/desert wyrm (don't like the stepping mechanic)
Gargoyles/nechs (Good xp, but they're pretty boring I think and don't give much else)
Vyrewatch

21-Oct-2014 00:24:26 - Last edited on 21-Oct-2014 00:26:27 by diahara

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top