Forums

Legacy vs Revolution++

Quick find code: 259-260-871-66083798

Swift Punch
Dec Member 2011

Swift Punch

Posts: 3,644 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would like to get people's opinions on how they feel if Legacy mode's DPS would rival that of revolution ++. Currently Legacy mode is roughly 60% worse than full manual 4TAA

At the point we're at I believe there's only one difference between the 2 currently (other than dps) and that's the utility of abilities whether it be defensive or health ones. Which even at the same DPS scale would mean eoc would still be the most optimal between the 2. Currently Revolution ++ is roughly 31% higher dps than legacy mode.

Full Manual of course is still the reigning champion of dps sitting roughly 23% higher in dps than revolution and that's fine as it takes effort and understanding of the system.

I would love to know how everyone else feels about making legacy mode much closer in dps to revolution ++

I appreciate your time and any response thank you.

16-Feb-2019 20:37:05

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swift Punch said :
Tenebri said :
legacy should always be lowest dps.

Even while Revolution requires the exact same input?

It requires more brain power and/or preparation (i.e. looking up for a fitting bar) to create an optimized revolution++ bar. It already requires more work to create a working revolution bar, so this obviously should be rewarded.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

20-Feb-2019 05:36:30

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The thing about it is that you can’t. If you set the threshold at no new abilities unlocked, legacy will be underpowered. If you set the threshold at all new abilities unlocked, there will be no point in unlocking them.

There are then issues with something like planted feet perk, or mutated abilities, not to mention defensives that need to be taken into account.

I liked the legacy mode on release, but with revo ++ you get a higher output of damage for similar input as legacy, and it’s good enough right now to be honest.

20-Feb-2019 10:54:39

Swift Punch
Dec Member 2011

Swift Punch

Rikornak said :
Swift Punch said :
Tenebri said :

It requires more brain power and/or preparation (i.e. looking up for a fitting bar) to create an optimized revolution++ bar. It already requires more work to create a working revolution bar, so this obviously should be rewarded.

Sorry but no it doesn't require anymore brainpower to right click the settings and set a bar which already goes to the highest dps input by default.

20-Feb-2019 20:44:31

Swift Punch
Dec Member 2011

Swift Punch

Tom Grey said :
The thing about it is that you can’t. If you set the threshold at no new abilities unlocked, legacy will be underpowered. If you set the threshold at all new abilities unlocked, there will be no point in unlocking them.

There are then issues with something like planted feet perk, or mutated abilities, not to mention defensives that need to be taken into account.

I liked the legacy mode on release, but with revo ++ you get a higher output of damage for similar input as legacy, and it’s good enough right now to be honest.

Maybe, but the point is that it requires the exact same amount of input as Legacy combat does once you click a monster.

People can defend EOC all they want but the player count dropping 60% since that update speaks volumes. Legacy mode for RS3 Mobile's launch would make this game MUCH more likely to hold new players who aren't familiar with the system.

20-Feb-2019 20:47:15

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swift Punch said :
Rikornak said :
Swift Punch said :
Tenebri said :

Sorry but no it doesn't require anymore brainpower to right click the settings and set a bar which already goes to the highest dps input by default.

Okay - just forget for the second that you are some ultra experienced player (or at least should be). Just imagine you are a noob who randomly puts his abilities together - maybe even in order he unlocks them. What would you think are the odds that this will form an optimized bar. I guess chances are good it won't even work. Dunno if a poorly designed revolution bar still was better than click and wait.

Also as a fellow forum member mentioned - you can unlock additional abilities - or even improve existing ones - further increasing the potential, but only if you know how to use your new unlocks. Click and wait is instantly at its maximum potential, you can't mess up anything with it, so of course it's weaker.

Of course the input afterwards is comparably low to click and wait combat (unless you use utility abilities of course), but the effort needed to get there is higher (and if new abilities and mutations are released in the future this isn't even a one-timed thing). The only reason you have to use legacy is the lack of ability to cope building a good (not using the word optimized now) bar - or well you're just past stuck and react allergic to everything new, but sadly I can't direct this kind of players to RSC anymore.
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

21-Feb-2019 06:33:07 - Last edited on 21-Feb-2019 06:36:26 by Rikornak

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swift Punch said :
Rikornak said :
Swift Punch said :
Tenebri said :

okay 3 scenarios

someone uses legacy click the monster it dies yaay

another someone uses revo++ - has an ability bar that is completely made up doesnt understand abilities etc

someone uses revo++ has an ability bar that is set up with understanding the abilities

which one is going to do more damage?
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

21-Feb-2019 16:11:02

Quick find code: 259-260-871-66083798 Back to Top