Forums

Legacy vs Revolution++

Quick find code: 259-260-871-66083798

Tom Grey

Tom Grey

Posts: 7,213 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swift Punch said :
Tom Grey said :
The thing about it is that you can’t. If you set the threshold at no new abilities unlocked, legacy will be underpowered. If you set the threshold at all new abilities unlocked, there will be no point in unlocking them.

There are then issues with something like planted feet perk, or mutated abilities, not to mention defensives that need to be taken into account.

I liked the legacy mode on release, but with revo ++ you get a higher output of damage for similar input as legacy, and it’s good enough right now to be honest.

Maybe, but the point is that it requires the exact same amount of input as Legacy combat does once you click a monster.

People can defend EOC all they want but the player count dropping 60% since that update speaks volumes. Legacy mode for RS3 Mobile's launch would make this game MUCH more likely to hold new players who aren't familiar with the system.

I would much rather prefer the entire game to stay legacy mode without eoc. But as it stands now, there is too much investment already in abilities. Although there is a valid point of click and kill, I can also show you an example where it’s not the case.

If I use dw 1v1 vs aby demons I won’t get as much kills as someone using aoe abilities. Which is the same as using legacy vs revo++

If I use caroming perk on staff, my damage won’t be boosted in legacy, but will be in eoc.

So there is a lot of thought involved in eoc killing as opposed to legacy. And my two example are just a very tiny representation of all differences. So factually, it’s either the whole game is legacy or legacy mode will always be inferior.

23-Feb-2019 15:23:44 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2019 15:25:15 by Tom Grey

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Legacy is for the lazy person who really does not want to learn abilities. Maybe the dps is not as good. But you can still get simple slayer tasks done pretty quickly just using a sgs. Been how I have been training my lazy slayer to 120 on RS3 lately. Since I spend most of my time on OSRS anymore. Yes haven't really been even doing much of that. Problem with EOC is how it was done, sloppy. Compare it to other games, which have had abilities for years.

23-Feb-2019 19:07:58

Quick find code: 259-260-871-66083798 Back to Top