Forums

why is Runescape 3 dying?

Quick find code: 259-260-865-65978984

Saiyan Me
Jan Member 2020

Saiyan Me

Posts: 1,368 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
you want to know why is the main game dying?

do you know there's basically a built-in 600 ping?

do you know the assassin cosmetic override costs $40?

that's right, on a low detail game with that much delay, a visual override costs $40, almost as much as an actual assassin's creed game, and more than any skin in league of legends, a game vastly more popular and profitable than runescape.

as a chinese expat, I don't usually look forward to a PRC-based mining/metal company taking over a foreign game company and replacing executives, but this will be a delightful exception.

15-Jan-2018 00:45:38

Rib
Apr Member 2020

Rib

Posts: 3,168 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Probably because Jagex only caters to the extreme-endgame PVM innercircle and MTX whales.

Sure they throw out a few shit slayer monsters from time to time but youre lucky to break even on any of them using augmented gear. This is going to only get worse too when metal drops are removed for smithing rework. Slayer is going to end up being a constant huge loss.

Then there's the lack of new content too.
I had a break from sometime around september to christmas and I missed pretty much nothing.
Accidently surged up a dinosaurs ass, became stuck then activated double surge and burst out its chest alien-style!
Got his dragon mattocks then crashed the clan citadel into Anachronia wiping out the dinosaurs.

15-Jan-2018 04:18:25

Bentoki
Jan Member 2023

Bentoki

Posts: 846 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bzay said :
Mod Osborne said it a while ago as to why they dont release as much until it has been investigated that Compers can regain their capes easily

??????????????????????????????

What the fuck is this bullshit lol, I doubt osborne said this.

Menaphos.

16-Jan-2018 12:49:23

Seanub

Seanub

Posts: 590 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Because experienced jmods that were passionate about the game, like Chris L left, and after 18 years of shitty engine work it takes too long to make updates for the game, which suck anyway. Last year being the worst year of updates in runescape history for example.

17-Jan-2018 16:06:44

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The game was created and run by passionate gamers, some of whom could cut code. It was a unique blend of people who had a common goal, build a game because they love games. Remove those people from the equation and what you end up with is what RuneScape is today.

Even with a sudden departure of talent and/or passion the effects aren't immediate. The game has managed to coast along while resting on the laurels of those who laid down the groundwork.

For some people the game died long ago, others feel it has been a long slow death and for some the game will never die. It doesn't matter if you believe the game is dying or not, the fact remains that the essence of those who had passion has gone.

23-Jan-2018 03:48:01

Quick find code: 259-260-865-65978984 Back to Top