Forums

why is Runescape 3 dying?

Quick find code: 259-260-865-65978984

Nicholas
Mar Member 2008

Nicholas

Posts: 1,633 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
why is runescape 3 dying, why is there constant updates which are just complete garbage, why does os have a bigger customer base than rs3, what are we lacking, also can u please fix legacy worlds, yeah basically make an oschool world for rs3 to bring some players back 2 rs3
like theres so much stuff that can be done, with out milking mtx, gvfuersbhidnju;oiuau
pls discuss and rannt and just whatever and hope that someone sees this and does something productive.

09-Jan-2018 02:02:21

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm all ranted out, at the moment (had a troll that got the better of my compulsive replying problem), and am generally to ticked off to talk reasonably about the issues with parts of the game I like, these days (comes from Years of those issues being ignored, or deliberately made worse in any update supposedly intended to help, but designed in a way that can't possibly help, with that being pointed out by a lot of people, from times even before they entered the planning stages.. along with helpful alternatives being given, but ignored.. and then there being feigned surprise that the thing was harmful).

Gets especially bad in instances where the solution is fairly simple, and has been asked for, for 7+ Years.

Anyway.. likewise hoping that things get done differently, in future.

With regards having RS2-style Worlds (old combat system) (I think that's what you meant, but might be wrong): Their attempt at this, and likely the best we're ever going to get, is the Legacy Combat mode. Not the same, I know, especially in how it interacts with other content like Minigames (likewise with their rewards), but I don't think we can get much better (I would personally use EoC, other than for occasionally checking things out.. but would appreciate the option to be there for others).

09-Jan-2018 02:35:42

Bzay
Jul Member 2012

Bzay

Posts: 3,048 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Basically RS3 is dying imo because Jagex is wasting too much time investing into graphics rather than fun content and because Jagex is delaying content due to Compers. Mod Osborne said it a while ago as to why they dont release as much until it has been investigated that Compers can regain their capes easily

09-Jan-2018 03:25:10

Montemin

Montemin

Posts: 511 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I pop up from time to time to see how RS3 is doing. The numbers are just plummeting and the issues that should've been fixed haven't been dealt with for years and years. EOC and MTX (obviously) chopped the majority of the playerbase, but also players that "finished" RS3 (i.e., trim, 200m all stats, etc.) switched to OSRS. The quality of updates is terrible, sorry, but if they are focusing on graphics and making things like it's WoW or some other RPG, it's a wrong game to do so as it took away something that was special and unique to RS. OSRS is more successful because of it. Those cosmetics aren't helping it also, because their poor textures is an eye sore.

I wish I could give an idea to help with the current situation, but OSRS does everything RS3 isn't and OSRS deals with things faster and more professional than RS3.

That's unbiased opinion as I don't play anything right now. Maybe I don't see the big picture.

09-Jan-2018 11:19:13

Yusou Bhoroi

Yusou Bhoroi

Posts: 8,551 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0815 said :
Oh you should post that in rants! Trust me, you receive way better answer than here! ^_^

Agreed, Rants seems to actually get more constructive feedback, a lot of the time, than even the actual content Forums. It does have a couple of folks who may troll a bit, or be sarcastic, but no hard-out trolls, and not so many who just write one line dismissals without even reading.

09-Jan-2018 14:43:31

Subzero

Subzero

Posts: 23,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bzay said :
Jagex is delaying content due to Compers. Mod Osborne said it a while ago as to why they dont release as much until it has been investigated that Compers can regain their capes easily

"Regaining capes easily" doesn't need any investigating because it is easily solved by adding grace periods where necessary; such as the one used for 120 Slayer.

Jagex aren't "delaying" content do to Completionist cape users, and to make such a claim would be clear blame-shifting. :P
Subzero

Incursione 2100+/130+ Clan, Avatar access for all.

09-Jan-2018 16:37:38 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2018 10:54:55 by Subzero

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Subzero said :
Bzay said :
Jagex is delaying content due to Compers. Mod Osborne said it a while ago as to why they dont release as much until it has been investigated that Compers can regain their capes easily

"Regaining capes easily" doesn't need any investigating, because it is easily solved by adding grace periods where necessary; such as the one used for 120 Slayer.

Jagex aren't "delaying" content do to Completionist cape users, and to make such a claim would be clear blame-shifting.

This is why I find comp a bad update. Since Comp cape came out the updates have been more of a grind than a new adventure as they should. I do not think a game should be wrapped up around a cape. RPGs should be adventure games with lots of good lore. Yes there was lore behind the Comp cape. But that is lost once you obtain it. It really should of been a one time thing and updates should never of been included to it. Not that I really care about keeping the cape. More about how I liked the game before the cape was added. MQC should be the cape you continue to obtain, not comp. It should also be considered the more exclusive cape and should not require being maxed. Basically MQC should be the trimmed Quest.

09-Jan-2018 17:02:17 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2018 17:04:05 by CaptKoloth

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Because OSRS is objectively better at every single facet of the game except for possibly PVM (which is my opinion OSRS is better at that too but a lot of people here would not agree)

The only reason to continue playing rs3 is because of sunk cost fallacy, addiction or because people can't deal with a game that is not ridiculously easy.
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

09-Jan-2018 17:10:53

Quick find code: 259-260-865-65978984 Back to Top