Forums

Runescape after all 200ms?

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Getting 5.4B XP has annihilated almost all of my will to play the game. The only thing that's allowing me to hold on is Telos. It's all I ever bother to log in for and that's only for like an hour or two a day.

Really shows that in the case of me, I played for XP.

14-Aug-2017 04:06:35

Jona than
Dec Member 2011

Jona than

Posts: 3,979 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jessicka said :
On average how many hours a day did you play? How many days a week did you play? How old is your account?

- About 5-7h/day
- Every day
- Almost 10 years (even tho this is pretty irrelevant since it took me ~6 years from starting to max/comp cape and ~3.5 years from max to 5.4 lol)
Why do today what you can postpone tomorrow

14-Aug-2017 16:10:01

Vaseth

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Vaseth said :
why not just go and get a 2.1b tokkul pile too, and 2.1b diamond statues from PP, and 2.1b goutweeds, and max out every other untradable item in the game

I suppose because there's nothing out there that shows this. Create a hi-score for each of these (or implement a reward for it) and you will see people do just that. As Dimocles stated, it's mainly for ranks and to get your name on something. You can't exactly see someone has 2.1B tokkul, diamond statues or any other untradeable item can you? You have to actually tell people yourself you have it - it's not a "traceable" achievement. It's a silent one until the achiever reveals they've done it. Not the same as seeing someone with 200M in a skill on a hi-score table or through examining them in-game - it's public, can be easily seen and is definitely not silent.

XP would never be popular if you couldn't "show it off". The fact you can is why it's popular. It doesn't matter if people don't care about it, you can still show it to people and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

My reasons for getting max XP are personal but I suppose the fact people can see it did play a small part in encouraging me to pursue this goal. If no one could see it, I doubt I'd have bothered. Imagine if RS was single-player, would we even bother going for the things we currently do? Most likely no, because there would be no one there to "impress" or "wow".

this is already how i play runescape

no one whos opinion i would care about would be impressed at an "achievement" that takes no actual skill to do

killing telos once actually takes more skill, and therefore is more impressive, than maxing xp

im pretty sure most skills could be maxed using an egg whisk, even if it wasnt efficient lol

i spose its just some kind of OCD condition, which im not ragging, as i have my own OCD things irl, guess ill never understand

14-Aug-2017 16:48:21

Vaseth

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tbh, with the whole "i want to have my name on the high scores for doing something boring and repetitive" attitude, i have a great idea for RS4 for jagex

basically, its the bank pin entry screen, with 10 numbers that move every time u click them, and a number at the bottom telling what number u have to click

thats it. the entire game

but who ever clicks on the "right" number the most times gets on a high scores, with no max limit on clicks

would keep players (and rsi dotors) busy for years lol

14-Aug-2017 16:54:40

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said :
killing telos once actually takes more skill, and therefore is more impressive, than maxing xp

High enrage Telos is about the only feat in-game that impresses me nowadays - this boss set the bar and really shows who is good and bad at PvM because it tests your own ability and yours only. Anything that requires just time isn't that impressive because well..all you need is free time and lots of it to do well in those sort of achievements. And there certainly isn't anything worth writing home about doing repetitive tasks over and over again.

I don't think anyone is arguing that max XP is more impressive than Telos feats. It isn't. All achievements that require time are basically "meh".

Implement anything and throw a hi-score table and people will do it no matter what it is because they can get their name on something and compete with others for a spot. That's what XP gaining gives even though it's been accelerated and eased beyond belief. Of course, some people like gaining XP without competing or getting their name on a hi-score table - it's not their primary goal.

At the end of the day, everyone enjoys doing different things and as long as it's not harming someone else, it's fine.

14-Aug-2017 17:36:11 - Last edited on 14-Aug-2017 17:36:47 by Singularity

Bruce Joker

Bruce Joker

Posts: 2,106 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personally 5.4b, got it in feb. Went for trim after which basically took me up until a week ago due to pvming along it and not staying focus on the goal. Cw req alone took months of minigames. Now that I'm trimmed, planning on going for insane final boss and just general pvming for money and fun. Already got warden goal, will most likely try and push to 1k later on. Played about 8h a day average I would assume, playing lot of years and usually played every single day. The yard is foul.

15-Aug-2017 02:06:15 - Last edited on 15-Aug-2017 02:08:26 by Bruce Joker

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jasonn said :
Prestie said :
Jessicka said :
I don't mean to piggy bag, but I have a few questions too. Maybe you guys can do an AMA ("Ask Me Anything, from Reddit, where people ask questions and you answer)?

On average how many hours a day did you play? How many days a week did you play? How old is your account?

Just baffles me, my account is over 10 years old and for years I played a minimum of 6 hours a day, every day, and I'm not even true maxed. Then again, I stopped playing for 4 years, and then on and off the last 3.

I think a reddit would have too much trolling. It's better on HLF

And having all 200ms is mostly about efficiency, and the age of an account wouldn't really take part because efficient xp rates weren't possible until the last 5-6 years. I'm almost certain my account is older than 95% of every max 200m player. For example when I first started no one had 99 prayer, you'd have to buy dragon bone certs, uncert them at a bank for hours, then click on each one which gave 60 prayer xp instead of 72, and there was no way to boost your xp at all. Now getting 99 prayer is a relatively quick skill. That's one example out of many that make age of an account essentially pointless. 1 year of playing back in the day efficiently is equivalent to 2 weeks now.

Like with Thieving before PP came out, pretty sure it was master farmers to 99.

Nope, herbaman obsessively thieved knights and guards and even did gem stalls. I know it seems hard to believe. He would trap knights into a house. If an npc is stuck in a certain area for 20 minutes or so, they automatically teleport, he'd time it and move just before that. He did this before farming was a skill. Not only did he get insanely high xp in a stat before anyone else did, he did it in a time where the skill was significantly harder to train. Definitely No pyramid plunder either. He's a legend

22-Aug-2017 23:57:17 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2017 00:07:18 by Prestie

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Singularity said :
Vaseth said :

High enrage Telos is about the only feat in-game that impresses me nowadays - this boss set the bar and really shows who is good and bad at PvM because it tests your own ability and yours only. Anything that requires just time isn't that impressive because well..all you need is free time and lots of it to do well in those sort of achievements. And there certainly isn't anything worth writing home about doing repetitive tasks over and over again.

I don't think anyone is arguing that max XP is more impressive than Telos feats. It isn't. All achievements that require time are basically "meh".

Implement anything and throw a hi-score table and people will do it no matter what it is because they can get their name on something and compete with others for a spot. That's what XP gaining gives even though it's been accelerated and eased beyond belief. Of course, some people like gaining XP without competing or getting their name on a hi-score table - it's not their primary goal.

At the end of the day, everyone enjoys doing different things and as long as it's not harming someone else, it's fine.

Awesome to see that you have such a humble perspective on what being "truly maxed" really is. Nothing beats the attitude of someone that knows that they aren't better than anyone else based on free time. Personally, I would love to have 5.4b, I'd love to have a trimmed comp cape, and I'd love to have a trimmed quest cape. They're awesome achievements. But if I did that, I wouldn't have a modern vehicle, a house, a gaming pc, etc. etc. If I had a lot of money without having to work, I'm very confident I'd go for huge feates like this on Runescape, and I wish I could be up there on the table with you guys, but I just can't maintain the lifestyle I live if I do that.

23-Aug-2017 00:06:23

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Bruce Joker said :
Personally 5.4b, got it in feb. Went for trim after which basically took me up until a week ago due to pvming along it and not staying focus on the goal. Cw req alone took months of minigames. Now that I'm trimmed, planning on going for insane final boss and just general pvming for money and fun. Already got warden goal, will most likely try and push to 1k later on. Played about 8h a day average I would assume, playing lot of years and usually played every single day.

This is what I figured most people would spend time doing after all 200m's. Isn't it crazy how much content there still is? Runescape is so never-ending. I've had my account for almost 15 years now and it's like it just begun.

23-Aug-2017 00:11:20

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251 Back to Top