Forums

Runescape after all 200ms?

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So there are 195 players currently that have all 200ms.. I'm sure one of you is reading this
My question to you, is what do you even do on runescape now? Do you boss? Make money? Merchant? chill with people? do you still skill? Mini game highscores? pvp? etc.

Just curious.

12-Aug-2017 01:13:02

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Pretty much just a reaper task or some other boss for an hour or two + menaphos city quest, unless there is some new content released.
Tree run and semi-afk skill on alt while watching football now that the season's starting again.

12-Aug-2017 02:40:57 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2017 02:41:46 by Seeker

A13d

A13d

Posts: 7,149 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't play as much as I used to but mostly aod/telos/raids and slayer unlocks when I don't feel like pvming and then disassembling at nemi when I don't feel like doing anything

Basically money + trying to finish as much of the game as I can before I lose interest

12-Aug-2017 07:16:09

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Good responses, another thing I have been wondering was does it suck to not get xp anymore? Does it bother you when you're bossing or farming or whatever, but you don't get the xp for it? I think it would probably suck because your mind was so focused on extremely high xp gains for so long, and suddenly it became irrelevant. Do you wish you could go past 200m? And if so how much? I wonder if Jagex has a way of tracking how much xp you have after 200m, and if they'd ever increase the cap. A lot of people would probably say no, but no one ever thought you'd be able to get past level 99 in skills, let alone 3 skills.. Plus there's almost 200 people with all 200ms now.. I still remember the first guy to ever get 100m, it was in thieving. We all thought it was the highest at the time because it was exactly 100m. This was in 04 I think. But eventually someone got 200m in a skill and then it stopped there. 200m has been the limit for far too long, there's a dude that has 200m agility on like 5 different accounts. I highly doubt I will ever get a 200m, been playing for almost 15 years now and my highest xp is 44m, but I still think they should incrase the limit.

12-Aug-2017 13:38:03 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2017 13:44:31 by Prestie

Jona than
Dec Member 2011

Jona than

Posts: 3,979 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everything I do atm:
- Completing random stuff like pets, trim, etc
- Some pvm (currently trying to get 1k telos enr) and pvp at warbands
- Upkeeping comp on alt
- Playing 07 on alt

Prestie said :
does it suck to not get xp anymore

Only when casting debuffs/tbs cause I never know if they hit :/

Prestie said :
Does it bother you when you're bossing or farming or whatever, but you don't get the xp for it? I think it would probably suck because your mind was so focused on extremely high xp gains for so long, and suddenly it became irrelevant

For me the most fun thing was figuring out what the best methods were, not really doing them (even tho I kinda liked doing most skills as well) and I still try new skilling updates, so not really

Prestie said :
Do you wish you could go past 200m

No, if they ever made an infinite xp cap tho, I'd probs do slayer all day
Why do today what you can postpone tomorrow

12-Aug-2017 16:37:36

Vaseth

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i dont have 200m in all skills, but i may as well do, because xp past 99/120 for slay/invent/dg is just pointless, so i already play exactly as i would if i had 200m in all skills

tbh, if your gunna do something as pointless and arbitrary as maxing you xp, why not just go and get a 2.1b tokkul pile too, and 2.1b diamond statues from PP, and 2.1b goutweeds, and max out every other untradable item in the game

there is just as much "point" in doing any of those things as maxing out your xp (in fact there is arguably more, maybe one day goutweed will be given a real use lol, xp will never have any real uses)

12-Aug-2017 16:51:52

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prestie said :
does it suck to not get xp anymore? Does it bother you when you're bossing or farming or whatever, but you don't get the xp for it?

Not really. If I really wanted, I could just go on my alt and AFK a skill. Completing the goal of 5.4B that I set many years ago is satisfying enough for me and I knew I'd eventually have to deal with no-xp gains. It's inevitable for anyone pursuing this goal.

One thing I would like though is the ability to see the XP popup as it can be useful in some cases. Not seeing the popups any more can be somewhat of a hindrance.

Prestie said :
Do you wish you could go past 200m?

Depends. I suppose I wouldn't mind if the cap went up to something like 400 or 500M. If it's still a realistic cap, I'd be all for it. It must have an end though and a realistic one at that. If it doesn't, I'd prefer the 200M cap to remain as it is.

12-Aug-2017 17:44:50 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2017 17:45:36 by Singularity

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vaseth said :
why not just go and get a 2.1b tokkul pile too, and 2.1b diamond statues from PP, and 2.1b goutweeds, and max out every other untradable item in the game

I suppose because there's nothing out there that shows this. Create a hi-score for each of these (or implement a reward for it) and you will see people do just that. As Dimocles stated, it's mainly for ranks and to get your name on something. You can't exactly see someone has 2.1B tokkul, diamond statues or any other untradeable item can you? You have to actually tell people yourself you have it - it's not a "traceable" achievement. It's a silent one until the achiever reveals they've done it. Not the same as seeing someone with 200M in a skill on a hi-score table or through examining them in-game - it's public, can be easily seen and is definitely not silent.

XP would never be popular if you couldn't "show it off". The fact you can is why it's popular. It doesn't matter if people don't care about it, you can still show it to people and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

My reasons for getting max XP are personal but I suppose the fact people can see it did play a small part in encouraging me to pursue this goal. If no one could see it, I doubt I'd have bothered. Imagine if RS was single-player, would we even bother going for the things we currently do? Most likely no, because there would be no one there to "impress" or "wow".

12-Aug-2017 18:08:36 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2017 18:09:35 by Singularity

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251 Back to Top