Forums

Runescape after all 200ms?

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251

Jessicka

Jessicka

Posts: 2,711 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't mean to piggy bag, but I have a few questions too. Maybe you guys can do an AMA ("Ask Me Anything, from Reddit, where people ask questions and you answer)?

On average how many hours a day did you play? How many days a week did you play? How old is your account?

Just baffles me, my account is over 10 years old and for years I played a minimum of 6 hours a day, every day, and I'm not even true maxed. Then again, I stopped playing for 4 years, and then on and off the last 3.
Roller skater!

13-Aug-2017 02:18:18 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2017 02:19:30 by Jessicka

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I only played for long durations consecutively when doing dungeoneering really. Otherwise it really depended on what else I needed to do on that particular day, ranging from less than an hour to 10+.

My main hobbies are watching sports and reading, which with every skill requiring less and less input made it easy to multitask.
Daily activities like d&ds, challenges, jack of trades aura, divine locations, book of char etc makes it possible to "progress" towards xp related goals even if you don't play much.

13-Aug-2017 03:05:38 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2017 23:32:42 by Seeker

Prestie
Jan Member 2022

Prestie

Posts: 3,343 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jessicka said :
I don't mean to piggy bag, but I have a few questions too. Maybe you guys can do an AMA ("Ask Me Anything, from Reddit, where people ask questions and you answer)?

On average how many hours a day did you play? How many days a week did you play? How old is your account?

Just baffles me, my account is over 10 years old and for years I played a minimum of 6 hours a day, every day, and I'm not even true maxed. Then again, I stopped playing for 4 years, and then on and off the last 3.

I think a reddit would have too much trolling. It's better on HLF

And having all 200ms is mostly about efficiency, and the age of an account wouldn't really take part because efficient xp rates weren't possible until the last 5-6 years. I'm almost certain my account is older than 95% of every max 200m player. For example when I first started no one had 99 prayer, you'd have to buy dragon bone certs, uncert them at a bank for hours, then click on each one which gave 60 prayer xp instead of 72, and there was no way to boost your xp at all. Now getting 99 prayer is a relatively quick skill. That's one example out of many that make age of an account essentially pointless. 1 year of playing back in the day efficiently is equivalent to 2 weeks now.

13-Aug-2017 11:22:07

Jasonn
Apr Member 2015

Jasonn

Posts: 3,848 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Prestie said :
Jessicka said :

I think a reddit would have too much trolling. It's better on HLF

And having all 200ms is mostly about efficiency, and the age of an account wouldn't really take part because efficient xp rates weren't possible until the last 5-6 years. I'm almost certain my account is older than 95% of every max 200m player. For example when I first started no one had 99 prayer, you'd have to buy dragon bone certs, uncert them at a bank for hours, then click on each one which gave 60 prayer xp instead of 72, and there was no way to boost your xp at all. Now getting 99 prayer is a relatively quick skill. That's one example out of many that make age of an account essentially pointless. 1 year of playing back in the day efficiently is equivalent to 2 weeks now.

Like with Thieving before PP came out, pretty sure it was master farmers to 99.

13-Aug-2017 18:23:02

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just remember that having 5.4bil total experience does not mean person is the best in the game. Just means the person optained max experience. There are so many other factors which apply to being the best player. For example getting Final Boss with minimal stats is much more impressive to me than max experience or doing a fast floor in dung.

13-Aug-2017 19:12:19 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2017 19:12:47 by CaptKoloth

San Fierro

San Fierro

Posts: 3,632 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Just remember that having 5.4bil total experience does not mean person is the best in the game. Just means the person optained max experience. There are so many other factors which apply to being the best player. For example getting Final Boss with minimal stats is much more impressive to me than max experience or doing a fast floor in dung.

Being the best will always be subjective and so is impressivness. Personally i got 5.4 because i enjoyed skilling and i guess its cool to have a perm rank although i dont care that much about ranks in honesty.

It's literally just down to playing the game how you want to and enjoying it, I never played to impress people or the compete, just to set and complete the goals i have. Now that im done with 5.4 and Jack of all Trades i've personally lost interest in rs3, but i've found a lot of enjoyment out of osrs ironman a complete turnaround to an rs3 main, but each to their own with what they do honestly
Neil / 61 / Charli XCX

13-Aug-2017 20:53:43

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
San Fierro said :
CaptKoloth said :

Being the best will always be subjective and so is impressivness. Personally i got 5.4 because i enjoyed skilling and i guess its cool to have a perm rank although i dont care that much about ranks in honesty.

It's literally just down to playing the game how you want to and enjoying it, I never played to impress people or the compete, just to set and complete the goals i have. Now that im done with 5.4 and Jack of all Trades i've personally lost interest in rs3, but i've found a lot of enjoyment out of osrs ironman a complete turnaround to an rs3 main, but each to their own with what they do honestly

Pretty much how I feel. I just do small goals now. I never got into Ironman. But can understand why people like it. I started to play OSRS when it came out. It reminded me of the old days. But it is not really. I have gone to other games. But still play RS3 to complete some old goals I never accomplished yet. When I do, I may quit this account. But may continue. Don't know. I am long ways from 5.4bil. Plus never bothered to get trim. So still have a lot I can do. I am not even Max Total Level anymore.

13-Aug-2017 23:11:39

Quick find code: 259-260-776-65940251 Back to Top