Forums

QoL Update Ideas? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey everyone!

I've been thinking of a few QoL updates myself recently (such as being able to store multiple perks on weapons/armour but only being able to activate two at a time) and I wanted to put together a list of good QoL ideas.

If you don't know what QoL is, it means "Quality of Life". Which are basically ninja updates that would be more convenient or helpful to players in the game.

I wanted to reach out and ask my fellow high level community members what ideas they had and maybe I could get some of them implemented in the near future.

I'm sorry for the lack of threads and feedback recently, but I want to start having more of an impact.

So let's get this thread started, what are some good QoL ideas you have? Try to keep them more on the simple side.

23-Feb-2017 21:15:36 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2017 21:17:01 by Mod Lee

Kcin

Kcin

Posts: 13,685 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Less clunky teleport(instead of going through the interfaces just have it on the cape right click) if you have skillcape perks that teleport on your max/comp cape [qfc id= 373-374-110-66042164]Support the small QoL updates[/qfc] Ever feel like you have a person who won't leave you alone even if you've asked many times?

23-Feb-2017 21:22:11

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can't think of much atm but when I'm in game I'm sure more things will come to mind.

• Make All menu option should Make All when wasteless smithing, herby, craft, construction, etc proc.

• POH portal, The 2nd menu option is enter your house. If it were topmost we wouldn't have to right click to enter. Not sure how others feel about this, but to me it seems counter intuitive in its current state.

• Facing south after teleporting, it's both inconsistent and annoying.

• Bank presets don't remember our preferred chosen augmented item. Example: Two pickaxes with different perks. The preset just grabs the first one it finds, not necessarily the one that was used to create the preset.

23-Feb-2017 21:46:21 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2017 21:47:55 by Lil Indecent

Nexi

Nexi

Posts: 1,496 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Guthixian cache boosts should be awarded every hour instead of every 3rd hour (if you obtain points). This would be very helpful to stop everyone doing their caches at once and transforming into cres all at once :) .

Make it so you can right click stairs for some buildings to get to the top floor (similar to the feature at the top of wizards tower where you can reach the bottom in one right click).

Give us few more notes if possible. 30 is great but i like to jot some things down from time to time and having to load up notepad or w/e isnt ideal ^_^ .

23-Feb-2017 22:11:12 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2017 22:12:55 by Nexi

Wacky Farmer
Jul Member 2007

Wacky Farmer

Posts: 21,926 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
group only option can enter boss room pass does not work if someone in your group tells the pker/crasher the pin Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

23-Feb-2017 22:29:53 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2017 22:30:17 by Wacky Farmer

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Misc:

1. The warning for teleporting to the Wilderness lodestone is annoying - make the warning a toggle!
2. Add in a deep wilderness lodestone, maybe above Red Dragon Isle? (Require Elite Wildy Tasks done)
3. Fix the lodestone on Tuska's back, or add one inside Mazcab

Friends Chat related:

1. Increase the amount of people allowed to enter an FC (From 100 to at least 200-500)
2. Add in an extra rank (or 2) in FCs - 'Admin' and/or 'Deputy Owner'
3. Options to kick longer than 1 hour (1 hour, 12 hours, 24 hours - Possible duration restricted to certain ranks)
4. Option to change the FC title, restricted to a certain rank, toggable by the owner only
5. Toggle to prevent F2P accounts from entering.
6. Similar to OSRS, have an FC counter showing how many people are in the FC
7. Have a list of favourite friends chats that can be saved, for easy access later on
8. Adding a feature where certain ranks can add players to the FC and rank them. Making this a toggable option only by the account owner. A similar feature was posted on the 'Chat Improvements' thread by Mod Hunter where certain ranks could add players to a 'ban list' of sorts, as well as the owner being able to change ranks by right clicking in the FC list. This would assist greatly as most communities don't play on the account that holds the name, and usually have multiple owners.

Minigames/D&Ds:

1. Have a counter in the Wilderness Warbands interface (in the minigames tab) showing how many supplies you've touched for that day.. (eg: 68/75)
2. Have Goebiebands appear in the minigames tab/appear on the clock
3. [Might not be small?] Much like Stealing Creation allowing you to form teams with FCs, have a system like that for all minigames, so that only people in your FC can join. The group system is broken and doesn't work like it's meant to, and crashers get so annoying.

Will add more later if I think of anything :P
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

24-Feb-2017 00:51:39

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is a real minor change but I find it very inconvenient. I think at some point in Mortanyia task diary you unlock a quick travel to the nature grotto from the gate. You also unlock some quick travel to Morton. You should be able to have an option to simply go through the gate, or go into the cellar.

http://i.imgur.com/dUPAwdg.png

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘

‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’

°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

24-Feb-2017 00:54:45

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Any way Greater Runic Staff could use its stored spell regardless of what spellbook you're on?

Also if you have fertile soil runes in invent and the right spellbook, being able to left click straight to the plot to cast spell.

I'm sure I'll think of more.
Ironman: Autark

24-Feb-2017 01:34:53

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top