Forums

QoL Update Ideas? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688

Drama Beach
Mar Member 2017

Drama Beach

Posts: 470 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Recently I thought that making crystal weapons (both standard and attuned) with the Tarddian Crystal (with ratio X harmonic dust = y Tarddian Crystals) or option to transfrom Tarddian Crystals to Harmonic Dust would make life easier! :)
Seren only
Quest-lover
Lore-worm

19-Apr-2017 18:59:35

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since it got buried in posts, I will quickly restate my suggestion for QoL changes to the Misc. notes 16-20 from Dungeoneering:

Big Storms said :
Misc. notes 16-20
in Deamonheim: have a
1 in 5000 to 1 in 20000 rarity
, thus are extremely rare.

1. Lootbeam they give currently temporary as opposed to key loot beams.
Make the lootbeam permanent

2. If a team ends or kicks you before you can pick up the drop, it is not added to your journal.
Have a failsafe mechanism akin to the Yakamaru and Beastmaster pet, ensuring those who get the drop also have it added to their journal even if the team ends or kicks before said person is able to find the drop

3. To combat the RNG currently present in drop rates:
Add bad luck mitigation to the Misc. notes 16-20

This update would make a world of difference, with the dungeoneering lore drops being one of the last pieces of lore I am after, yet the sheer nature of them making them near impossible to get.
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

20-Apr-2017 13:27:19 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2017 13:40:24 by Big Storms

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Big Storms said :
3. To combat the RNG currently present in drop rates:
Add bad luck mitigation to the Misc. notes 16-20

No

If they were a req for something, yes.

Why not? Or rather: why does this specific piece of content deserve to be heavily RNG dependent? It even is something that can not be shared through quick chat, just simply something lore enthusiasts want to gather. You can even just look up the pieces of lore on a wiki, but actually having them in your journal, thereby finishing it is dependent on an enormous (one can definitely say disproportionate) amount of luck. We are talking about way surpassing 200m experience and even then the odds are you will NEVER see the drops.

And why would making them a requirement for something change your opinion? Sorry but your comment comes with a distinct lack of any reasoning behind it. May I also ask if you have any or bother to have any of these pieces of lore: if you do not even have them and have no inclination on getting them either, your comment on preventing others to get them on a fair basis rather than through pure RNG becomes all the more difficult to interpret. Because why would you purposely prevent a fair mechanic (which does not change the average amount of effort required, mind you), especially when you yourself get no benefit out of preventing such a change?

Or is it that you do not understand the nature of bad luck mitigation: it does not increase the overall odds on getting a drop. Only when you surpassed the average amount of effort needed to get a drop, does the chance increase. So only unlucky people will experience the effects, making the system more fair.

I hope you can give some proper reasoning, for I am at a loss here. And next time provide said reasoning within the same post you are supporting/shooting down something, for as it stands the above comment lacks any sort of constructive nature...
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

20-Apr-2017 16:48:25 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2017 16:53:38 by Big Storms

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If it was locking you out of a piece of content, something like IFB, MQC, Trimmed Completionist, etc, then I would support bad luck mitigation. But if it's just something an "enthusiast" wants, then it's perfectly fine for it to be rare, at least in my opinion.

And no, I know what the bad luck mitigation is, but thanks for the explanation.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

20-Apr-2017 17:27:18 - Last edited on 20-Apr-2017 17:27:25 by Hevilmystic

LaNeL
Jul Member 2006

LaNeL

Posts: 9,445 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
A while ago, there was a patch to allow the Swagger stick to display its animations under 2h overrides. This was along with a few other similar items (Golden cane & Swag bag). It never happened! I sent a bug report already, but it's been a while so now it's time for a thread.

23-Apr-2017 02:38:39 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2017 04:26:41 by LaNeL

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
LaNeL said :
Original message details are unavailable.
A while ago, there was a patch to allow the Swagger stick to display its animations under 2h overrides. This was along with a few other similar items (Golden cane & Swag bag). It never happened! I sent a bug report already, but it's been a while so now it's time for a thread.

Not going to happen. Got fixed for a reason.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

23-Apr-2017 15:21:28

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top