Forums

Kags' HLF POP Encyclopedia V5

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Posts: 20,295 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
R obin said :
I have a question regarding the clue voyages.

https://puu.sh/wavvl.png

The last clue of the trapper seems impossible for me to get.

I've tried over 15 days with skull and hook set as my region, each. Which one is it?

4 Map Tables and 3 Trapper icons built?

I don't have the description available to me, and it's been so long... I would focus more on the Skull region though. Because it has gunpowder. Also Reggie's Gunpowder Mills is located in the Skull.

Do you have Reggie's Gunpowder Mills unlocked on your Ports world map?

~Portmaster Kags
Kags Player Owned Ports (POP) Encyclopedia V6
HLF V5

04-Jun-2017 15:45:57

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

Big Storms said :
Pretty much got most of the proposed completionist requirements (for quite a while now) but have not focused on getting now useless resources like jade, instead focusing on the Terracotta region (for easy trade goods > easy gp). I remember that trade goods used to be a requirement (again using the bones as soon as I get them so did not bother =p).
Ration packs/Powder kegs/seasingers bottles also get used for better mission odds.
Lets just say that in junk I now have 6 super lev rings and 4 super reefwalker capes (since I tend to focus on those missions after bones and lacquer/chi/plate), two full sets of every sup port gear (dismantled a third sup lacquer set) + two sets for every weapon piece (3 spare kasegi and 4 tsuba), while using excess on headpieces and scrimshaws for gp.

I guess my question is: is there any merit in getting the specific requirements to be on the list rather than focusing on managing a working port?

Some of the requirements are forward-looking and ensures you'll still be at pinnacle even if Ports V4 ever gets released in the future (I know tiny chance, but still).

40K+ Jade/30K+ Cherrywood allows you to do 10 totem changes and still have 10K+ left of both. Jade is quite useful for multiple totem changes.

100K+ Azure in case Ports V4 gets released (same for the 10 of each boosters).

Yes, the 225+ trade goods requirement as well as 2 other requirements for Ports Completionist got replaced/absorbed by the current requirement 7.

Unless you are obsessed with higher % success for all voyages at all cost (also meaning you don't even use Terracotta Merchant on your ships), what I can tell you it's in your best interest not to use boosters in the long run.

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

04-Jun-2017 16:00:26

R obin
Dec Member 2021

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :
R obin said :

I've tried over 15 days with skull and hook set as my region, each. Which one is it?

I don't have the description available to me, and it's been so long... I would focus more on the Skull region though. Because it has gunpowder. Also Reggie's Gunpowder Mills is located in the Skull.

~Portmaster Kags

I don't have the description, as I haven't gotten the voyage yet ;)
I do have the 3 icons and 4 map tables.
As for the Gunpowder mill, no, is that an island?

04-Jun-2017 17:09:38

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

R obin said :
Kags said :
R obin said :

~Portmaster Kags

Yep, island, should be located in the Skull region of the map if you are already unlocked it.
HLF V5

05-Jun-2017 00:18:48 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2017 00:19:40 by Kags

R obin
Dec Member 2021

R obin

Posts: 5,692 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kags said :
R obin said :
Kags said :
R obin said :

~Portmaster Kags

Yep, island, should be located in the Skull region of the map if you are already unlocked it.

I checked the Skull region, but couldn't find it.

It should be unlocked, as I have trim, so everything should be unlocked.

05-Jun-2017 00:40:00

Kags
Nov Member 2017

Kags

You should unlock it (Reggie's Gunpowder Mills) when you finish the Trapper's 3rd (final) clue voyage.

Focus Skull region, 4 Map Tables, and 3 Trapper icons.

If you are really desperate... Block 8 other adventurers out on 4 ships... or as many duos as you can.

FYI: Even if you have Trim Comp and 4664 Port Score, not all islands are necessarily unlocked on the Ports world map ;) ... which is why I want Jagex to give Port Score for the 20 unlockable islands! :@

~Portmaster Kags
HLF V5

05-Jun-2017 03:13:04 - Last edited on 05-Jun-2017 03:17:43 by Kags

Quick find code: 259-260-720-65832736 Back to Top