Forums

tired of these ignorant aholes

Quick find code: 259-260-642-65997292

Posts: 5,208 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The trouble is prestige ingame. Some players think you are not worthy of being in a certain area because you look shitty or because you don't have the right gear that creates the right output of damage (gear and weapons can be cosmetically altered while damage splats are obviously seen).

I have also witnessed players at boss masses that have shouted publically that those who do not own t92 weaponry should GTFO. Sadly.

The best course of action is to ignore those kids and switch servers.
`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸`·¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸ˆ`·,¸
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™
¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸,·´ˆ¸·´

13-Mar-2018 18:09:01

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just hop to a different world. You're much better off in most cases if you feel the person is being an "ahole".

If you can't hop due to the spot being heavily populated, then that explains the crashing behaviour. In that case, the spot becomes a competitive environment where one must compete for the spot and be able to hold it well - there's not much you can do about this. It's just how it is. There's nothing really wrong with this - what else do you expect to happen in a heavily-populated area? No one owns a spot and anyone can shift you out if they wanted.

13-Mar-2018 18:31:12 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2018 18:32:02 by Singularity

Singularity said :
Just hop to a different world. You're much better off in most cases if you feel the person is being an "ahole".

If you can't hop due to the spot being heavily populated, then that explains the crashing behaviour. In that case, the spot becomes a competitive environment where one must compete for the spot and be able to hold it well - there's not much you can do about this. It's just how it is. There's nothing really wrong with this - what else do you expect to happen in a heavily-populated area? No one owns a spot and anyone can shift you out if they wanted.

The switching part I recommended aswell, so I agree.

But with the 'competition', I am sorry, I cannot agree. It is a rude behaviour to do so. Of course no one owns a spot and everyone has the right to play the game. But you could kindly ask or wait until you get a spot somewhere. I am sure that there are a lot of different activities that can be done whilst waiting.

Or is anyone holding a gun at your head and demanding you to do that slayer task within 24 hours or else....???

13-Mar-2018 18:37:25

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
0815 said :
But you could kindly ask

This I can agree with. Although, we know how anti-social this community is. You can't expect everyone to be nice to you.

0815 said :
wait until you get a spot somewhere.

This is unrealistic and not something you should expect everyone to do. You might be able to switch between activities, but others might not want to or simply don't have another to switch to (yes it's possible). They might want to only camp a specific spot that happens to be populated and rather than not play the game at all, they decide to seek out worlds and if necessary, move people out by force. Otherwise, you'll never be able to play the game. Yes, some spots are that damned packed they're never free.

Personally, I don't bother if a spot is overly crowded because I know crashing WILL be a part of it. You shouldn't expect anything less. They automatically become competitive.

If I'm crashed, I will just move worlds because finding a world for non-populated worlds is painless and takes seconds. You waste more time trying to fight people off in those cases. People that stay and fight (the crasher or the crashed) are silly as finding a new world would be so easy that neither should feel compelled to stay.

I don't personally crash but I can see why people crash. If I'm crashed, I don't get mad. It's not something worth getting angry over, imo.

Yes, crashing is annoying but unless you add instanced worlds to tackle overpopulation in certain spots, it's always going to happen. Expecting everyone to be nice and just leave you alone is silly. It's easy to be cruel than kind online and it seems most people choose the former.

13-Mar-2018 19:17:31 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2018 19:19:14 by Singularity

Singularity I completely understand what you say. Personally I don't compete, I move on. Luckily the bosses are all offering instances.
I still believe (and agree with you on that point) that it's childish / immature to just crash someones spot, even if someone is frustrated. It doesn't work in real life and just because we hide behind a username and avatar doesn't make it right.

I choose to be the change that I want to see in other people. As silly as I might sound or may present myself.

Oh and there is one alternative: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Sunken_Pyramid

13-Mar-2018 19:24:21

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
My favorite thing about crashers is when they can't keep up and hop after 10 minutes of making a fool of themselves
^^
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

13-Mar-2018 23:42:53

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :

Back in the early days of slayer people used to actually chat and be friendly. Now it is all about experience waste. Which is total garbage. It is a game and is supposed to be fun. Not to be aholes.

14-Mar-2018 00:15:12

Quick find code: 259-260-642-65997292 Back to Top