Forums

Reaper Requirement

Quick find code: 259-260-587-65872780

Mega Duck
Nov Member 2013

Mega Duck

Posts: 3,048 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mark Antony said :
We've known this was coming for months so it's your own fault.

I seem to recall Slayer going to 120 thus given a years grace period because it takes like 2 month to obtain. What makes this any different?

Comp capers are bashing on the people with Trim but i bet if this happened to normal Comp too, things would be much different. ( Thats why i added the suggestion to the OP to see if people didnt support it.) thanks Draco, you never fail to let me down with your un supportive posts haha.

The reaper req should be a comp req anyway now i think about it, it's core content after all.
5.8b exp
|
Trimmed Completionist
| Account Security | Mega Duck Community Events

25-Jan-2017 18:10:33 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2017 18:14:01 by Mega Duck

Mark Antony
Nov Member 2023

Mark Antony

Posts: 3,244 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Comp should be maximum proficiency in all aspects of the game, so yeah all unlocks, I agree but it is what it is.
For the record I have trim and don't like the idea of grace periods at all. Even for 120 slayer I'm against it but also don't really care enough to make a fuss lol.
In this particular case though, while we weren't specifically warned, they did a horrible job of keeping it secret so anyone could have planned ahead if trim meant that much to them.

25-Jan-2017 18:20:32

Mega Duck
Nov Member 2013

Mega Duck

Posts: 3,048 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mark Antony said :
Comp should be maximum proficiency in all aspects of the game, so yeah all unlocks, I agree but it is what it is.
For the record I have trim and don't like the idea of grace periods at all. Even for 120 slayer I'm against it but also don't really care enough to make a fuss lol.
In this particular case though, while we weren't specifically warned, they did a horrible job of keeping it secret so anyone could have planned ahead if trim meant that much to them.

Some people simply don't have time to scour the internet, stalk every Jmods twitter, spend hours reading posts on Reddit and whatever other kind of social media i missed just to find out about said updates. I check BTS vids every once in a while since they are on the official website where future game content should be.
5.8b exp
|
Trimmed Completionist
| Account Security | Mega Duck Community Events

25-Jan-2017 18:33:18 - Last edited on 25-Jan-2017 18:33:50 by Mega Duck

Beary
May Member 2020

Beary

Posts: 3,894 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mark Antony said :

Completionist cape is just a bad name, we all know that really isn't what it is. There would no reason for trim at all if completionist cape truly was a completionist cape. I doubt there is a single player that has completed everything . Completionist generally gets some basic requirements from content whilst trim goes to the extreme, that's how it's always been.

26-Jan-2017 01:13:32

Beary
May Member 2020

Beary

Posts: 3,894 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I sympathise, cause it must suck. But this is exactly why i'll never go for trim, i'm not prepared to do all the crazy requirements it has & will continue to get. You should of taken this into consideration as well before getting trim.

Think about something other than your cape for a minute & ask yourself do you really want them to start listing future all requirements/content in advance just so a minority of completionists/trimmers can pre-grind things? Also keeping in mind that not everyone is even comped or trimmed in the first place? Or are but simply may not even want to know?

I'd rather they hide away things like this on social media for that very reason. If you are that obsessed with keeping your cape at all times, maybe you should make the time to scour their social media & streams so you will know things like this in advance, putting it on the homepage is unfair imo

26-Jan-2017 01:21:13

Quick find code: 259-260-587-65872780 Back to Top