Forums

How many games

Quick find code: 259-260-450-66109257

Salve eel
May Member 2019

Salve eel

Posts: 5,007 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rikornak said :
CW is an actual nerf, because the original requirement - while fitting - was designed by somebody who didn't understood what 5k CW games meant, but honestly - it was heavily exploited by the players for as long as they could to speed up their progress. I used the example quite a few times - there are a few players with more than 30k CW games played now - why not introducing a cape reward for them and locking trimmed comp behind it

Saying 5k is an arbitrary number is meaningless.. nearly every number acheivement is arbitrary in RS. Suggesting trim be locked behind 30k games because 3-5 players have it is nonsense.

08-Jul-2019 08:31:49

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

https://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sea-salt-mountains-messolonghi_505990_1.png

https://i.gifer.com/DKmO.gif
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

08-Jul-2019 08:38:25 - Last edited on 08-Jul-2019 08:40:58 by Chee

Rikornak
Oct Member 2013

Rikornak

Posts: 9,163 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Salve eel said :
Rikornak said :
CW is an actual nerf, because the original requirement - while fitting - was designed by somebody who didn't understood what 5k CW games meant, but honestly - it was heavily exploited by the players for as long as they could to speed up their progress. I used the example quite a few times - there are a few players with more than 30k CW games played now - why not introducing a cape reward for them and locking trimmed comp behind it

Saying 5k is an arbitrary number is meaningless.. nearly every number acheivement is arbitrary in RS. Suggesting trim be locked behind 30k games because 3-5 players have it is nonsense.

But that's basically the sole reason why the professional cape as is came into existence - it wasn't part of the original set of rewards after all. Somebody (or even a few players) randomly had those 5k games (maybe close to it, maybe a tad bit more - but certainly somewhere around that number) at that time - and that was acknowledged by the designer of the cape (who I am fairly sure failed to understand what those 5k games actually meant). My for the modern day scaled exaggeration as an example would only be a consequent continuation.

Or let me say it in a different way - it wouldn't have hurt anybody if the cape needed 500 games. For a starter it's still a lot, for some out-of-touch-what-that-stuff-actually-means-because-they-did-it player it wouldn't be - but that is the issue why we had this mess with that noncompletable 'talk to some random dude wearing a random suit of armour' cheevo thing at some point - or now CW not being featured at all. Because a specific set of players would've gone bonkers upon the thought making obtaining rewards in CW remotely reasonable because of it could devalue their dumb cape. And well now we got both - their capes being devalued and CW still broken. Sure I am happy for my free halo now then...
Improvements: Tooltip / (F2P) QoL v2
Quick Fixes: Invention

09-Jul-2019 07:13:07 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2019 08:09:56 by Rikornak

Salve eel
May Member 2019

Salve eel

Posts: 5,007 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I highly doubt the designers didnt know what 5000 games meant. Surely they must've known how long a castle wars game takes and how long it would take to play that many games. I blame the fallout mostly on the extreme changes that happened in runescape shortly after and long after the capes came out....

5K games cape came out with the CW improvement update in May 2010, about one year before completionist and trim capes were released. A year after that in 2012 EoC was released and pvp as well as pvp minigames like CW quickly became dead content. This gave rise to boosting fc's which further hurt the rep of the CW's req. The few people who still enjoyed playing castle wars would crash the boosters.. there was alot of toxicity as it was basicly the same scenario as when jagex put skilling in the wilderness.

So yea basicly times changed and CW became something people login to OSRS to try to relive the glory days....

I have the 5k games cape but I only got it because I was a Co-owner of one of the boosting FCs. I am glad I did tho because although trim and comp have lost alot of their prestige, I still own the rarest cape in the game that less than 500 active players own.

09-Jul-2019 09:07:11

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Salve eel said :
5K games cape came out with the CW improvement update in May 2010, about one year before completionist and trim capes were released. A year after that in 2012 EoC was released and pvp as well as pvp minigames like CW quickly became dead content.

I remember trying to play cw legit pre-eoc after trim was released. Half the people there were afk/leeching. It totally ruined the minigame for me and I had well over 1k legit cw games before trim was released. The trim req has always been bad for cw, why would anyone want to play a game where half the team leeches?

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

09-Jul-2019 15:18:31 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2019 15:25:43 by Cyanid

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I haven't played CW seriously in years. Actually my record got reset when they redid the game. Years ago, people played CW for the fun of it and playing with max hitting weapons. You could get some cool hits with the bracelet. Anyways, I remember being a level 89 beating a level 115 at CW because of an awesome maxed hit with just a d long spec. Anyways, those days are long gone. Shame CW got ruined by people just wanting the glory to wear a stupid cape.

09-Jul-2019 18:38:09

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
man. again. NO LISTEN THIS TIME.

I DID PLAY 5K CW GAMES AND
I DROPPED ALL MY TICKETS

so when they made that req I did NOT have a cw armour on stand at POH to be converted backwards into tickets like the rest of the "cool kids" and forum queens.

I played for the intended purpose, and I was so ANTI minmaxer purple staff minmaxer mage training that I got a reallly early 200m range. I didnt play for decorating my house parties. there was NO reason for me to want ugly addy armour. I dropped my tickets and I dont regret it. We didnt have bank boosted bank space back then.

5k cw should never have been on a comp list.

_ _ _ _ is the guy they thought looked like the leader cause he stood in the middle of the field and talked, talked, talked, and they made the list as a reflection of what he did, and how he played. I know for a fact he did NOT have all the slayer heads, so that wasn't something that trim comp people had to go collect.

I aint sayin every trim should go collect every slayer head, but man... diversity is strength. I am not the same as _ _ _ _ and thats a good thing. You need both of us here for this to be an MMO. There have to be different paths available.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

22-Jul-2019 14:52:41 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2019 14:58:01 by J R Kerr

AngryAraxxor

AngryAraxxor

Posts: 4,793 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Salve eel said :

To make up for this Jagex decided to sacrifice the main requirements that were curbing peoples motivation, in the hopes that it would make more players engage in more content.

Is this a blow to the integrity of the game? Of course it is, CW and reaper both were the main hurdles to the capes and removing them heavily weakens the sense of accomplishment associated with the capes for those who did them.

Spending a week or 2 defeating the game's bosses was a major hurdle in completing the game? I can understand CW but don't get me started on Reaper...removing it was a terrible way to appease complainers and devalue what it means to be a completionist player.
¸¸¸¸¸¸„‹•°Member of
Shuu Zone #1 Community Clan
°•›„¸¸¸¸¸
AngryAraxxor
|
38/46 Insane Final Boss
|
PvPer
PvMer
Community
man

22-Jul-2019 17:55:07 - Last edited on 22-Jul-2019 17:55:58 by AngryAraxxor

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

I like comp, mqc, and trim how it is right now better than I have ever liked it.

Because of that 5k cw bullshit for _ _ _ _'s sake I put a lot of shit to margin of "is it trim only? okay then I aint doin it." Like... I never did do court cases. I just did those yesterday and they were awesome! I was like "HEY! ITS LEO!" and it was great. I wasnt doing fun stuff because of the bullshit, and now the bullshit is gone.

I have more to say but it was all caps and ragey, and I like what I wrote, cause I have never been a nerd. I was always a jock, and I got stuck playing runescape after an injury that took me sixteen months of physical rehab to recover from. Nonetheless the nerd rage and petitions for this and that to steamroll and overlook the complaints of MANY other players like me who NEVER banked their cw tickets is absurd. Its an absurd complaint to put back something that should never have been there. 5k cw games should never have been part of the cape, and moreso there should never have been anything called "completionist" cause NONE of you have done it all despite trying really hard to seem like you have. Also dont tell me thaler, because thaler made it way way worse.

oh man and the "complete is complete" people. it NEVER was. req for all slayer heads on display? nope. req for "do all the crystal fishin rod" stuff? nope. I still have to go do the fish flinger stuff because _ _ _ _ did (nevermind it was to abuse eating raw sharks with bunyip), and we all have to be more like him (nevermind he used to endorse plug ins that bypassed the intended guide mode penalty for dng), even though he is gone for years now. If _ _ _ _ ever comes back and gets a crystal rod though then we will all have to and no one cares he is a homeschooled kid cosplaying jack sparrow and NOT a cool street smart rasta kid indie rocker as we so often mistake him. Dont get me wrong. I like him, but why he was ever the guy to define the paradigm baffles me.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

22-Jul-2019 20:15:41

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

for emphasis: I like the halo you guys get. that was a really good solution.

I think we're good now.

22-Jul-2019 20:25:58

Quick find code: 259-260-450-66109257 Back to Top