Barrage City
Dec Member 2009

Barrage City

Posts: 250 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Barrage City said :
UtaChao said :
Barrage City said :
Yum Yum said :
All i know is that C4taa was cheating and everyone that used it should have been banned for doing so.

Dual wielding is made to cast spells every 1 second and staff auto to hit harder... What we are doing is playing with the game ticks (2, 3 actions in the same game tick), its exactly the same when you eat rocktail and drink brew in the same tick (People do this since the start of Runescape) and Detonate + D Breath (People do it since Vorago). So what you are trying to say is that you want every PvMer to get banned, sorry mate but your comment isnt smart at all lol

Considering at the start of RS neither rocktail nor sara brew existed, this is an incorrect statement.

Its an example my "trying to look smart" friend

25-Jan-2018 09:54:07

Diglet
Jun Member 2012

Diglet

Posts: 2,141 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The fact that people use macro's for it and program their mouse makes me say no to C4taa etc.

I'm glad they are planning to remove it, its jagex tho so we'll never know what actually might happen rofl
i like trains

28-Jan-2018 15:22:13

Ralo

Ralo

Posts: 3,381 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
It never should have existed and I'm disappointed that it took them this long to even bother addressing it, unless you count RF when they brought up ideas of applying it to other styles (nty)

I didn't even know macros were involved but now that I do I'm more against it than I was originally. I hope those people who were using macros get banned but I know they won't because Jagex doesn't care when you bug abuse in combat; that's just 'clever use of game mechanics'

i can do 1.1m damage on a 5 minute gem without macroing. They are certainly not necessary but some people resort to using it because they can't handle the very small amount of effort it requires to actually c4taa. It is insane to me how many people in this game don't know anything about ticks in 2018. Learning how to c4taa took me 20 minutes, about 10 hours to do it efficiently and about 20 hours to become great with it.

Someone above also mentioned people not being banned for tick manip "because it is combat" that is not true, in osrs it is actually encouraged by j mods should i say that is only because it is "used for skilling"? that's not a fair statement.

29-Jan-2018 22:33:43

Vaseth
Dec Member 2023

Vaseth

Posts: 11,958 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
everyone comparing this to rocktail>brewing is stupid for one very simple reason

rocktail brewing was actually removed by jagex as an unintentional bug, then intentionally reintroduced (with an post to that effect) because of the complaints, guaranteeing 100% that rocktail>brewing currently has jagex's unambiguous approval

idc what people claim may have been said or implied by some guy at runefest, or what a jmod might say in a fc/clan/ingame, because as far as im concerned unless its posted on their official site (the main page or these forums), its not official, and as such, there has never been any official acknowledgement that this obvious bug abuse is intended or acceptable

im all for intense pvm experiences, but there is only so far you can push the envelope, and id rather this game didnt become a total 8 clicks per second twitch fest

in a game like runescape, where gear and levels also matter, the cap on player skill level based combat efficiency improvements should not be onerous enough to place any less than 5% of the player base in the "capable of achieving top DPS" catagory

also the fact people use special key binds and programmable mouses to do this is a pretty blatant sign its cheating of some form, at some level

i wouldnt move for bans for past usage given the uncertainty surrounding it, but that dosnt mean it shouldnt be removed, and any future workarounds to continue using it after its removal should then incur bans obviously

01-Feb-2018 17:28:41

Quick find code: 259-260-406-65981337 Back to Top