Forums

C4taa Removal

Quick find code: 259-260-406-65981337

Barrage City
Dec Member 2009

Barrage City

Posts: 250 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What do you guys think about it? Rather heard it from maxed people instead of a lot of new players.

=====

Let's be honest, almost all the PvMers i had talk to, hate this update, Jagex Mods based the decision in a vote that was made on reddit where skillers and "people who dont want to spend time learning something new" participated more than anything.

Personally, c4taa took me several months to learn it, practicing at least 1 hour everyday to make it work as it should... Actually I started to learn it when Jagex told everybody that 4taa will stay in the game. (which look pretty unfair in my opinion)

Range Style will be overpowered with the new bolts, t92 dual wielding and the new ultimate coming, its like forcing us to use range from now on.

So ya... I think that Jagex should add something similar to Range and Meele instead of removing it from the game.

17-Jan-2018 08:57:30

Subzero

Subzero

Posts: 23,266 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd much prefer Jagex stop using all the combat time catering to the small percentage of elite players by focusing on 4TAA, and instead work on combat updates which benefit the wider playerbase (such as more Abilities to separate 2H and DW combat.)

I PvM and sometimes PvP and I don't bother with 4TAA, nor would I want it to be officially supported. It's increasing the APM of the game by significantly more - which in the past is something that drastically alienated a lot of the player base. I think pushing the meta of combat to be even faster is not the best direction of the game.

I want them to focus on ability synergy, not who can push buttons fastest and most reliably.
Subzero

Incursione 2100+/130+ Clan, Avatar access for all.

17-Jan-2018 11:24:57 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2018 16:11:28 by Subzero

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It never should have existed and I'm disappointed that it took them this long to even bother addressing it, unless you count RF when they brought up ideas of applying it to other styles (nty)

I didn't even know macros were involved but now that I do I'm more against it than I was originally. I hope those people who were using macros get banned but I know they won't because Jagex doesn't care when you bug abuse in combat; that's just 'clever use of game mechanics'
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

17-Jan-2018 21:40:57

Barrage City
Dec Member 2009

Barrage City

Chee arra said :
UtaChao said :
Would help if you gave a brief description of what the hell that is?

Switching back and forth between magic 2H and DW so you get more 'auto-attacks' between abilities - it's basically bug abuse for combat , which is why no one is going to be banned for it

Its not a bug and its not casting more auto-attacks... Dual Wielding its made to cast autos every 1 second, if you check you can 4taa even without the 2h, what people do is "register" the damage of the staff so we get the auto from the staff instead of getting it from the dual.

2many people (like you) have a bad concept of whats 4taa is, the same people who is complaining about it (just like you), thats why the removal of it is really unfair. (Even more unfair considering that Jagex said that 4taa will stay in the game some months ago)

17-Jan-2018 23:44:54

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Barrage City said :
Its not a bug

It is most certainly a bug and you're deluding yourself if you think it isn't

Barrage City said :
2many people (like you) have a bad concept of whats 4taa is

So what did you really intend when you asked this?
Barrage City said :
What do you guys think about it? Rather heard it from maxed people instead of a lot of new players.
Because you certainly aren't open to criticism of 4taa

Barrage City said :
the same people who is complaining about it (just like you), thats why the removal of it is really unfair. (Even more unfair considering that Jagex said that 4taa will stay in the game some months ago)

Oh sorry, sorry for thinking it's unfair that one style should be better than the other two, sorry for not pandering to the delusion that 4taa is 'balanced'.
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Goals

18-Jan-2018 00:13:25

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I personally don't care much about it. It was nice for casting utility spells like Vulnerability though. I never did use 4TAA to the extent others did (with the dw wep switching) - my laziness is to blame for that. I was happy enough killing Telos without it. I didn't feel like it was mandatory to use. I always just looked at it as something for people that wanted to get more out of the combat system.

Not surprised they decided to remove it though. It wouldn't be a problem if other styles had their own variation of 4TAA but since they don't yet, it was seen as unfair and unbalanced (and it was since Magic only had access to it).

Imo, auras are a bigger problem than 4TAA ever was and should be addressed. Auras literally control all PvMers and people are most definitely denied on teams if they aren't using the right aura (which is a reason they gave for deciding to remove 4TAA from the game). Of course, they can't outright remove auras because that only worsens the problem but it's something they should start talking about with us to work out a suitable replacement.

Imagine being able to kill bosses again without relying on something that runs on set durations? The dream.

18-Jan-2018 02:28:49

Barrage City
Dec Member 2009

Barrage City

Chee arra said :

Barrage City said :
the same people who is complaining about it (just like you), thats why the removal of it is really unfair. (Even more unfair considering that Jagex said that 4taa will stay in the game some months ago)

Oh sorry, sorry for thinking it's unfair that one style should be better than the other two, sorry for not pandering to the delusion that 4taa is 'balanced'.

They said they will be adding something similar to Range and Meele + Jagex confirmed that is NOT a bug lol.. Now you see what i meant with people like you lol

18-Jan-2018 02:34:51 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2018 02:36:20 by Barrage City

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Barrage City said :
Chee arra said :

Barrage City said :

They said they will be adding something similar to Range and Meele + Jagex confirmed that is NOT a bug lol

uh no
Mod Pi said :
1. No longer allow your auto attack swing to be reset or more accurately go backwards outside of legacy mode. If you perform an auto attack with a rate 6 weapon it will take 6 ticks before you can auto attack again, regardless of whether you change weapon.
This prevents the most glaring bug with 4taa in that you can perform auto attacks with staff damage at the same rate as a wand.

c4taa is 100% a bug and has been bug abused by many

Barrage City said :
Now you see what i meant with
people like you
lol

Excuse you? Go crawl back into your hole please
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Goals

18-Jan-2018 03:39:25