Forums

C4taa Removal

Quick find code: 259-260-406-65981337

Dsctatom
Dec Member 2023

Dsctatom

Posts: 12,987 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4taa is for plebs; 8taa is where it's at. You simply use one hand on each character as they pvm at the same time. FAR more damage. You're welcome.

But seriously: anything unintended is a bug. I'm not weighing in on whether it's bug abuse, but simply asking: did Jagex INTENTIONALLY make it do that or was it an accidental side effect?

18-Jan-2018 04:05:43

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee arra said :
UtaChao said :
Would help if you gave a brief description of what the hell that is?

Switching back and forth between magic 2H and DW so you get more 'auto-attacks' between abilities - it's basically bug abuse for combat , which is why no one is going to be banned for it

If this isn't the very definition of bug abuse, then I don't know what is. Thanks for explaining Chee :)

Wacky Farmer said :
won't bug me i still rev my basic abilties

Haha same!
Ironman: Autark

18-Jan-2018 09:26:58 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2018 09:27:21 by UtaChao

Jona than
Dec Member 2011

Jona than

Posts: 3,979 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It should stay in the game imo since it rewards effort.

The reason why they remove it, is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard, esp since it doesn't even solve their problem lmao...

Chee arra said :
c4taa is 100% a bug and has been bug abused by many

Rocktail brewing is a bug and has been abused by more, why isn't it removed?
Why do today what you can postpone tomorrow

18-Jan-2018 11:31:22

Lithuanian
Apr Member 2014

Lithuanian

Posts: 2,913 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Never even bothered with 4taa since the first time I've heard of it. It was without a doubt clear that sooner or later something will be done about 4taa concept. Especially when more and more people started using it.
I like how they're approaching the problem - making official mechanics that apply to all combat styles, but I haven't looked too much in to that yet.
Success
consists of going from
failure
to
failure
without loss of
enthusiasm

5.6b xp [x] Moa [x] Mqc [x] Trim [x] Boss/Slay Logs [x] Max Runescore [x]

18-Jan-2018 11:54:45

Joshybaby

Joshybaby

Posts: 255 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Almost half a year ago I bought a gaming mouse and made a bunch of weird key binds with it because I refused to macro, too paranoid. I then got addicted to it and started using it everywhere I PVM.. Telos, Raids, Vorago, Slayer I mean everywhere.. After a while though I started realizing how overpowered it really was and unbalanced and how boring it was for the game to have one ALL POWERFUL combat style and there to not be any competition with how much DPS it could do. I completely support them removing it and reworking it and have faith that they will do it right. It is a bug and needs to be removed. It unbalances combat and gives some of those PVM'ers who are toxic a power trip all for what? C4taa'ing the same abilities over and over when some people might not have a mouse or the ability to do so. It was akward as hell anyways, was never meant to be part of the game in the first place and did not require the amount of "elite" skills to do that people made it out to require other than pressing a couple extra keys / keybinds. I really think a lot of the people who support it are like immature 19-20 year olds who have no grasp on how bad this bug would've been for the game had it not been fixed. Good riddance C4taa, can't wait till it's gone :D

even though I'm still doing it obsessively to this very moment, gonna start not bringing my core on purpose just to get used to it lol

18-Jan-2018 13:44:21 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2018 14:00:38 by Joshybaby

Konota
Jun Member 2010

Konota

Posts: 7,103 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jona than said :
It should stay in the game imo since it rewards effort.

The reason why they remove it, is probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard, esp since it doesn't even solve their problem lmao...

Chee arra said :
c4taa is 100% a bug and has been bug abused by many

Rocktail brewing is a bug and has been abused by more, why isn't it removed?

Some bugs are accepted by Jagex and the players and thus kept it ingame (Corp core for example too). However, 4taa got reconsidered, Jagex has little control of it for future tweaking (hence the reason Jagex wants a magic ability to be added) and not everyone accepts that 4taa is a thing. So here we are.

Been using c4taa quite some time now, but since the start of 4taa, I already knew Jagex woudn't accept this.
Hello Moto

18-Jan-2018 17:01:16 - Last edited on 18-Jan-2018 17:03:56 by Konota

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2014

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,082 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joshybaby said :
Almost half a year ago I bought a gaming mouse and made a bunch of weird key binds with it because I refused to macro, too paranoid. I then got addicted to it and started using it everywhere I PVM.. Telos, Raids, Vorago, Slayer I mean everywhere.. After a while though I started realizing how overpowered it really was and unbalanced and how boring it was for the game to have one ALL POWERFUL combat style and there to not be any competition with how much DPS it could do. I completely support them removing it and reworking it and have faith that they will do it right. It is a bug and needs to be removed. It unbalances combat and gives some of those PVM'ers who are toxic a power trip all for what? C4taa'ing the same abilities over and over when some people might not have a mouse or the ability to do so. It was akward as hell anyways, was never meant to be part of the game in the first place and did not require the amount of "elite" skills to do that people made it out to require other than pressing a couple extra keys / keybinds. I really think a lot of the people who support it are like immature 19-20 year olds who have no grasp on how bad this bug would've been for the game had it not been fixed. Good riddance C4taa, can't wait till it's gone :D

even though I'm still doing it obsessively to this very moment, gonna start not bringing my core on purpose just to get used to it lol

I would do c4taa if I knew how.
I need my blue charms back.

19-Jan-2018 02:42:04

Quick find code: 259-260-406-65981337 Back to Top