Forums

How to P.O.F.

Quick find code: 259-260-156-66041336

Gulielmus

Gulielmus

Posts: 442 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I posted my findings on player-owned farms and how I've learned to reliably get beans on the RuneScape subreddit. I'm going to simply copy and paste it here and make revisions to both as I learn more. What this guide details is enough to gather beans reliably without needing to either camp the rare animals or buy them at a premium from the ge. However, if you do get the rare animals it will only speed up your progress in getting beans.

----------------------------------Guide Starts Here---------------------------------------

So having dabbled with the player-owned farms update I've developed a strategy that helps get beans that doesn't involve camping creatures hoping for a rare animal drop or praying for animal breeding beyond a certain point. I'll start off this post by saying I don't remember exactly how many beans you get starting out so I'm going to make some assumptions for the worst case scenario in which you only have the two rabbits you begin with, zero beans, and the minimum requirements to start the farm. Because of my farm level and some luck on my part I've jumped past the initial stages but I'll update numbers and information as time goes on.

04-Sep-2018 12:38:32 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2018 12:42:30 by Gulielmus

Gulielmus

Gulielmus

So my strategy is simple. I've found that if you buy the animals supplied in the farmer's market and raise them to adolescence that you can sell them for a profit in beans. So starting out you want your initial rabbits to breed. Take the offspring from this breeding and place them in your small pen until they reach adolescence and then sell to the buyer for 25 beans each assuming there are no negative traits to detract from the sale price. From this point you continue with this strategy until you reach the next threshold of animals which is chickens. Once you reach chickens you can remove your rabbits from the breeder so you don't conflict your only small pen. Simply buy chickens from the market. Raise them to adolescence and once again sell them for profit and repeat. At level 28 you gain access to the second small pen. Now you can resume breeding your rabbits to as you have a separate pen to work with. Note that buyers only buy one type of animal so you'll still want to focus on one of the two (most likely chicken) to maximize profit. Jmods have stated that the buyers will show up based on what's in your pen so keep only chickens in your small pens at reset. If your pen is empty it'll default to the lowest level i.e. rabbits. This strategy of buying stock from the market and raising it to adolescence for sale will continue with the medium and large pens at level 35 with sheep and level 49 with cows respectively. Continue upgrading your farm by unlocking the secondary pens at 64 for medium and 79 for large when you reach the levels as you should be producing enough income in beans to do so. Note that the buyers for medium and large animals have a rotation. Medium buyers come every other day and large buyers come every three days with there being an overlap of having all three buyers every six days. With this in mind if you buy animals you are unable to sell right away store them in the bank so they don't age beyond adolescent as they sell for less.

04-Sep-2018 12:38:39 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2018 13:30:37 by Gulielmus

Gulielmus

Gulielmus

This strategy is a sustainable method of having beans that don't involve going out and acquiring/buying the rarer animals. Note that the rare animals do sell for more beans when they reach adolescence so you will want to change out your livestock to them whenever you can sustain (breed) them reliably. Other things to consider is the perks you get while breeding rabbits and buying animals from the market. I have no confirmation on whether the traits of the parent affect the traits the offspring are born with but I can't help but feel they do. With this in mind, if you do rear livestock with beneficial traits I recommend keeping some of them for later breeding. As I've mentioned prior, you will want to upgrade your livestock beyond that which you can buy whenever possible as the higher level animals give more xp and beans when harvesting and selling respectively. You want to do this when you can breed them reliably so you have sustainability. What animals you end up deciding on having in your pen will come to personal preference but the highest level setup will be to have chinchompas in your small pens, zygomites in your medium pens, and dragons in your large pens. This setup will more than likely be what maximizes your experience and bean output. However, having different animals allows for different benefits to be obtained by use of the totems and you'll have to take into consideration whether you want to maximize xp or reap these benefits.

TL;DR: Breed rabbits in the beginning until you can farm chickens at which point you swap to buying them and raising them to adolescence to sell. Continue this pattern of buying and raising with the higher level pens until you can breed reliably without having to buy from the market. Substitute the animals you can get from the market in with the higher level ones from skilling and killing when you can breed them reliably.

-----------------------------------Guide Ends Here---------------------------------------

04-Sep-2018 12:38:44 - Last edited on 04-Sep-2018 13:01:41 by Gulielmus

Quick find code: 259-260-156-66041336 Back to Top