Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Posts: 5,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Duw said :
Sigh... now you're just being naive at best. You're not bettering mankind by posting on a RS forum site where the thread is about General Topics. What are you going to do? Tell a minority of people who watch sports and play rs that they need to stop watching sports? Yeah, that'll better mankind. (In case I need to break it down for you, I'm being extremely sarcastic). So, I will say this again, this is for your entertainment, to suffice your pleasures of feeling pretentious, thus a hedonistic approach. Do not argue with this, this is now a settled and mute point

Deciding on why someone took a course of action and calling it case closed isn't the best way of going about anything. Assuming you know someones true motives is extremely arrogant.

I will speak my mind because I do not care if I hurt anyone's feelings in the process.

Nobody has provided any compelling evidence in support of watching sports as a form of mass entertainment. It's ability to "join people together" (fans of the same team) is counteracted by the fact that most professional sports have at least 12+ teams and so you create 12 fighting groups of people. On another note, cults also join people together but I wouldn't argue that is a good thing either.

If no compelling supporting arguments have arisen - there are no arguments for me to consider. Provide me with reasons, I'll provide counterexamples. We can come to a logical deduction - even if it results in agreeing to disagree due to differing interpretations of data.

As for monopolizing, this thread can support having multiple conversations going on at once. I was opening other venues of discussion that weren't sports related - because if nobody opens such venues, it becomes less likely they will be opened (See: group/mob/herd mentality studies)

Believe it or not but the discussion against sports is a perfectly valid discussion as well, even if you disagree.
http://a.pomf.se/zniair.png
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

20-Jun-2014 08:00:31

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

More kitten-related stuff:
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0046362?imageURI=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0046362.g003#s1
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

20-Jun-2014 08:11:17

You Pick It

You Pick It

Posts: 8,320 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
Does anyone happen to have information on the death chance of trees if they aren't paid to be protected?

­­­­ One must strive to increase in power,
but also in knowledge of how to wield that power.

-Zaros
­­­­

This might not be exactly what you were looking for, but I think it should prove useful.

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/26xooz/why_protecting_high_level_trees_isnt_worth_it/

Take care everybody!

20-Jun-2014 08:13:11

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Keighlea said :
Does anyone happen to have information on the death chance of trees if they aren't paid to be protected?

-Zaros
­­­­

I no longer have my research due to a hard drive failure, but I believe it's about 12-15% death rate.

It was slightly higher than my herb death rate - but my sample size was also far smaller (due to doing multiple herb runs per tree run, I simply had more data on herbs)

20-Jun-2014 08:14:19

Dodo
May Member 2022

Dodo

Posts: 18,920 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Are you fucking dumb? If you are going to go up to people having a sports discussion and tell them that sports are bad for the betterment of human kind, you can't be the one to also say "Tell me why I'm wrong and I will defend myself". It's your job as the one who sparked the debate to give examples as to why you stand where you stand. Not the other way around.

20-Jun-2014 08:14:35

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nyu said :
I no longer have my research due to a hard drive failure, but I believe it's about 12-15% death rate.

Ah, so well under 50% then.. I may go that route rather than paying to protect trees. Remote farm to cure them if I can of course, but payments are 56% of the seed cost for magic trees and 42% for palm trees lol. I like the peace of mind of paying to protect them, but economically it doesn't really make sense to :(

-Zaros
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

20-Jun-2014 08:19:59

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top