Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Posts: 5,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maxs said :
It's even more self absorbed to think that you 'Let the discussion occur' You have absolutely no power over such things. General discussion surprisingly covers everything including sports and again the topics have varied through out the course of the day.

You're not generating a new discussion by trying to belittle the current topic. Marching in and declaring that there's far more life affecting and more serious topics to be discussed is a terrible way to start up a new discussion.

I spoke my mind on the subject and then left it alone. I'm not going to keep my resentment quiet just because you disagree with it - that's the sort of logic that allows for oppression.

Not to say I feel that or that I am being oppressed. You're merely defending your support of Sports and Sports discussion and that is fine. That's just being on the other side of the fence, not being oppressive.

I find sports to do more harm than good for society - and so I will speak against it. If that bothers you, you are free to ignore my comments.

I don't care if people continue to talk about sports - but there needs to be other discussion venues for people who are not interested in sports. I know it may be hard for you to consider - but there are also many people who DON'T want to constantly talk or hear about sports. I opened up other venues of discussion.

Morgan said :
Nyu said :
This is a "General Discussion" thread. Not a "World Cup / Sports" thread. If you would like to stay on topic, talk about general things. Not a specific sports-related things.
When does something start to be "specific"? How many posts does it take for one thing to become specific-talk in your opinion?

When it takes up the majority of the recent posts and largely overshadows other discussion or causes any other discussion to be largely ignored in favor of the current discussion.
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

20-Jun-2014 05:23:40

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

What? I'd rather be posting one liners about kitten-related technology than walls of text.

http://placekitten.com/
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

20-Jun-2014 05:56:54

Duw

Duw

Posts: 3,521 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
lmao rena is just bored, he's just sparking argument to appease his amusement. i'll amuse you, bro.

if you want to start talking about other topics rena, just start talking about them , don't start a topic by belittling other topics. Nobody is stopping you from talking about your pretentious dilly dallies &  hedonistic idealism of what should and will happen in the world, just don't expect people to pursue your conversations when you're obviously a monopolizing, controlling bigot.

There is a possibility that with a change to a more temperate attitude, your expected responses would be more engaging to the topic you wish to discuss...
Rain Drop

20-Jun-2014 06:00:41

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Duw said :
lmao rena is just bored, he's just sparking argument to appease his amusement. i'll amuse you, bro.

if you want to start talking about other topics rena, just start talking about them , don't start a topic by belittling other topics. Nobody is stopping you from talking about your pretentious dilly dallies &  hedonistic idealism of what should and will happen in the world, just don't expect people to pursue your conversations when you're obviously a monopolizing, controlling bigot.

There is a possibility that with a change to a more temperate attitude, your expected responses would be more engaging to the topic you wish to discuss...

None of my beliefs are in line with hedonism. You are perhaps thinking of altruistic, given my belief is to better mankind and forget the selfish desires of being entertained.

You also misused monopolozing.

If you would like to explain to me why my dislike of the sports industry being detrimental to society is an "unfair" assessment of the situation - then I will accept that I am bigoted in my belief.

I do not find my judgement to be unfair and see it on par with the belief that criminals are more likely to commit crimes. It holds a group of people in a negative light - but that does not make it bigoted. Bigoted is the strong and unfair hatred of a group of people. To put it into an extreme, people who really hate Nazis aren't bigoted as it can be strongly argued they have reason to dislike Nazis.

I have reasons to dislike puplicized sports and by extension people who heavily support the sports entertainment industry.

I would also like to clarify "liking sports" and "heavily supporting the sports industry / being obsessive about sports/sports teams" are two different things.

There's only so long people can talk about a ball being moved back and forward before I begin to think they're all nut cases.

20-Jun-2014 06:52:03 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2014 06:57:03 by Nyu

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top