Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
StarDerp said :
No, the cb system is #*$&@&#$(ing awful

Aw, what's so bad about it? :(

Apart from every (including players) dying quicker than they should? Everything needs an HP boost so you can actually use abilities against some monsters

I'd rather them do away with the ability spamming for DPS.

I'd like to see it reworked in a way that the pure DPS abilities are removed, only leave tactical ones.. take away their Dmg% parts, bring auto-attack up to par..

Basically old system with ability's instead of specials, except the ability's aren't for DPS they would be small things that can be used IF NEEDED (Since stun is seriously like the only thing incorporated into the system currently)

Not sure if that makes sense, I'm awful at explaining things.
I feel like this would be a happy medium, though I'm probably alone on that :P

Then begin adding passives to weapons and armors, to bring variety back. I love the idea of passives (SGS, Barrows and such)

27-Dec-2013 18:26:10 - Last edited on 27-Dec-2013 18:27:41 by Xerdge

StarDerp
Oct Member 2005

StarDerp

Posts: 11,927 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
StarDerp said :
No, the cb system is #*$&@&#$(ing awful

Aw, what's so bad about it? :(

Apart from every (including players) dying quicker than they should? Everything needs an HP boost so you can actually use abilities against some monsters

Abilities, everything dying too quickly, everything being dependant on my weapon... I was unovled for 30 mins because I legit couldn't tell that I wasn't potted.

I just really can't stand doing combat anymore.
Derp, Derpity Derp.

27-Dec-2013 18:39:14

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Hey Keighlea,

It will be a mixture of the two - sometimes it'll be to vote which update comes first and how we should prioritise our content releases, whereas in other cases it may be a vote as to what should be brought into the game, A or B.

We may also re-poll content which may have 'lost' in a previous poll against other similar content and if we find that the option continues to receive a low number of votes for it then we can consider reviewing the update completely.

Seems promising :D

Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

27-Dec-2013 18:39:47

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Xerdge said :
Basically old system with ability's instead of specials, except the ability's aren't for DPS they would be small things that can be used IF NEEDED (Since stun is seriously like the only thing incorporated into the system currently)

I'm not sure if I'd like that or not.. To me the idea of the old combat system sounds a bit boring now lol. What you're suggesting sounds a bit like the pest queen? Spend the fight with your head on your desk until you hear rumbling, then use Korasi's special attack to break the Queen's. I like how combat is interactive now, but like Wagger said, it's by no means perfect.

StarDerp said :
Abilities, everything dying too quickly, everything being dependant on my weapon... I was unovled for 30 mins because I legit couldn't tell that I wasn't potted.

I just really can't stand doing combat anymore.

My main problems with EoC stem from those things as well. Everything has too little HP to match the damage that can be put out at high levels. Which would be fine, if Slayer masters didn't make high levels kill low levels for tasks. I also wish armor played a bigger role in the game (I say that, but I've never used lower level armor to compare)... I just feel like level 90 armor should give the "I'm INVINCIBLE" feeling, where nothing under your level can hurt you and bosses have a more difficult time.

Then again, that'd be a bit too easy, so who knows. Potion effects could definitely use some help, and I find it silly that magic weapons only give (visible) accuracy and not damage. Behind the scenes they boost damage a bit, but -shrugs-

Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

27-Dec-2013 18:46:24

Xerdge

Xerdge

Posts: 2,852 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
­­I'm not sure if I'd like that or not.. To me the idea of the old combat system sounds a bit boring now lol. What you're suggesting sounds a bit like the pest queen? Spend the fight with your head on your desk until you hear rumbling, then use Korasi's special attack to break the Queen's. I like how combat is interactive now, but like Wagger said, it's by no means perfect.­­

Yea it would be a bit lame, but at current MOST basic PvM is just rapidly using abilities, theres no thought process in it, its the same outcome for a bit more effort, nothing really changed other than I'll have to buy a new keyboard more often. I like the idea of EoC but it just isn't compatible with a lot of the game.

And when I say get rid of DPS abilities, I'm talking rapid fire, assault, sever, conc blast. Those sorts, those that do nothing but add more DPS to your arsenal. I think it would be cool to keep the stuns, DoT's, boosts (Berserk, Sunshine, and such) Then they could add more other fight changing abilities, that do neat effects aside from just damage. Perhaps an AoE ability that drains stats if opponent is in it, or one that could boost your Dmg output based on each continuous attack that doesn't miss.

I'm perhaps biased though as the majority of PvM I enjoy doing is slayer, which is just get task, spam basic abilities for the most part, and like 15 minutes get another task and do it again. It's not really that interactive its the same as before, atleast to me.

27-Dec-2013 18:56:20

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top