Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Baknoob said :
Maybe, but it is a risk against community backlash/potential quittings, etc.

This is really the biggest issue. Your MTX is only as good as your ability to create desire to buy them. I don't think anyone would be interested in purchasing MTX for a game that only has 5k active players. Even if it only takes a small portion of the community to do large purchasing for it to make up for subscriptions lost, you're just not as likely to find that small community with money if they're not going to be part of a larger more vibrant overall community.

A large enough portion of the RS3 community has been conditioned to want 120s and 200m's that they'll stick around through the MTX, which in turn causes other people to want these things, simply because humans enjoy feeling like they're a part of "something big". So even though there has been unquestionable loss in total subscribed, the community is still large enough as a whole that it can still attract those whales.

I don't think OSRS is big enough in terms of the players who wouldn't quit because of MTX that they'd be able to withstand the backlash, and in turn the whales aren't going to be attracted to OSRS. There simply wouldn't be a large enough community left for those whales to feel like they're being a part of something, and they'll look to take their money elsewhere. I honestly believe that Jagex finds OSRS to be successful because they can use its player count to boost their overall members online counter at the top of every page. When somebody with money visits the site, and sees that theres 90k players online RIGHT NOW, their initial reaction is more likely to be intrigued than if it were to be the 40k or whatever it is actually for just Rs3 alone.

13-Jul-2016 01:19:54

Otter
Dec Member 2006

Otter

Posts: 18,155 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like maging things!!! and Brawler was on cooldown =.=.

I threw my Scav3 on that Zaros body and for whatever reason that was my main concern, I didn't think the accuracy penalty would be toooooooo big, but apparently it was :c.

13-Jul-2016 01:43:54

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top