HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey all, sleep schedule is fucked again

Keighlea said :
I'm surprised the t90 defenders aren't more popular... I just got the chitin piece (finally :P ) and tried it out.. Didn't seem to be much different for damage, so went to training dummies, because I am a dummy who needs training!

Based off a few critical hits averaged, it's only about 15% less damage than using a normal offhand... But it's affected by Achto gear. I only have one melee piece to test with lol, but even the gloves did cut the difference down to 10% by the math (should have been slightly less due to the strength bonus loss, but I blame sample size).

So 3-4 pieces of achto and it'd be even/better, and you have defensives like reflect/revenge to consider too. Seems like a very useful thing for a lot of places imo

Edit: Until Mr G W or Luca tells me how bad they are and why, at least, they seem nice to me :D

Ok, here we go...

Defenders are pretty nice, but problem is they're too niche. They beat out T90 shields in power armor (T90 power gives a greater boost over Achto) by a lot, and defenders can randomly reduce any type of damage (even typeless) and thereby increasing the accuracy of your next attack by 20%. It also carries a natural 3% accuracy increase, which is always nice.

Thing is, Achto + defender is like 15% worse than T90 power armor + dual wield, which sounds great in exchange to potential buffs like Revenge and Defence abilities, but that really only applies at Yakamaru. At Vorago, you can just dual wield camp as base and still not get that much damaged, and as bomb you use an arcane to reduce pushback on P5/P10/P11 and dual wield every other time.

They're still pretty great, but they'll only really come in handy for Raids 2 when everyone is comfortable with tanking.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

24-Mar-2016 15:34:53

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top