Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Mod Reach named a duck after Erin (Saber Six), an Old School streamer, which got people really pissed off for some reason lol.

Wait til they find out about Nieve!

How much better are ascensions, if you don't mind me asking? Or is it a case of "omg 0.1% dps better"?

Range is nice for Araxxor, too. I stand 1 square from MD on P4 so I'm not sure what your P4 comment is about

Nox bow is better at Raids if you're a PT because you can attack jellies whilst being resuscitated (Ascensions don't have that range), I'm pretty sure the damage you deal on that jelly more than makes up for any DPS increase from Needle Strike.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

15-Mar-2016 19:32:43

Dodo
May Member 2022

Dodo

Posts: 18,920 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Evil Lucario said :
Lathow said :
Did they name an npc after a player on osrs?

Mod Reach named a duck after Erin (Saber Six), an Old School streamer, which got people really pissed off for some reason lol.
reach, the corrupt jmod, gives special treatment to random streamer hes orbiting. people dont like this

15-Mar-2016 19:33:12

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like my nox bow, but it is so much more convenient/dps to use ascensions for raids or in other situations where you need defensive abilities. Instead of dropping down to darkbow dps for geysers and pets, you can just equip a defender and be much better off.

Of course, even owning one takes a bit of work, and it is far easier to just buy darkbows or t90 shields...
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

15-Mar-2016 19:35:41

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Araxxor, you stand a bit farther away with Ascensions at near max range. Right before 25k, you run out of range, stall Snapshot, then immediately Rapid Fire back after clicking on Araxxi so the adrenaline drain doesn't affect you at all.

Ascensions are more than just that extra bonus from Needle Strike. Autoattacks that slip by while using defensives/Shadow Tendrils add up over time making it ideal for longer fights like Araxxor and Raids that push the gap between Ascensions and the bow wider.
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

15-Mar-2016 19:38:30

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top