Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

PyraTheAegis
Jan Member 2005

PyraTheAegis

Posts: 9,215 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fleekstar said :
Chee arra said :
Fleekstar said :
That seems to be the gist of it but who knows, maybe jagex throw a curveball and there's some easier way to train it.

We won't know for sure until it comes out

Introduciiiiiiiiiiiiing the Inventionmabob! Exclusive to the SoF Alice's chest, this spring cleaner Inventionmabob will dismantle all of your items for you! You can then augment the Invention skill itself to give more exp/hour!

3 years ago I would never have thought Jagex would sink that low but nowadays, I wouldn't even be surprised
Just when you think Jagex reach the bottom of the barrel they get out a pickaxe and start digging.
Member of the Kalos Elite Four and Team Flare.

11-Jan-2016 19:50:59

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :

As I said; a lot of people train their slayer for slayer xp, as Abyss is a very enticing option for combat xp if they fall short, this is also not something you should ignore. Plenty of the people I know did that, but again, not exactly representative.

Which is why I disregard it. Anecdotal evidence is the weakest form of evidence.

Hevilmystic said :

What does one's combat xp have to do with it in general? What if someone cares more about Slayer xp than their combat xp, regardless of whether it's 13m, 104m or 200m?

Because it helps determine the efficiency of a given task, that is why. Not everyone is 200m/104m/13m in skills, which is what seems to elude a lot of the maxed people.

If they care more about Slayer exp, that is on them, but unless there is some statistic that shows people slay for strictly slayer exp that would *actually* give it some remote level of presence, it is essentially a non-argument.

Hevilmystic said :

You have still yet to give me an example of a task being both better xp, and better gp than Mammoths, as well as them taking the same time as a Mithril Dragon task (which a lot of people do for free points)...?

Well, here is why I say using your line of argument is folly: Generalization will always lose to specialization. It seems you ignored my pokemon example, why is that? It's not really a difficult concept to understand.

Even then, in terms of GP, Nihil in 15 minutes will make you ~1.3m (assuming you make 5m/hour there (they can make upwards of 7m/hour)) while with total EXP, Airut give 241.5k exp (assuming you don't use Berserk or a titan) compared to a Mammoth's 255k exp (using a tryhard DPS setup). Even if you use *just* Berserk, that jumps up the EXP/15 minutes at Airut to 362.2k, crushing the 255k of Mammoths.

Continued
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 19:51:54

Fleekstar

Fleekstar

Posts: 6,983 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Harposgirl said :
cammed today I think not for me.. do be aware and if in a clan make them aware as well

http://i.imgur.com/CqrT3Ge.jpg

Yeah it's pretty sad that people still fall for it because if they didn't, those Jagcorp people would just stop.

You would hope people would have common sense but no

11-Jan-2016 19:53:44

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Now if we're talking *just* Slayer EXP, you have Airut at 82.8k EXP (assuming just Berserk) and Mammoths at 138.3k over 15 minutes. I don't have *exact* figures with titan, but I would presume the difference between Airut and Mammoths would not be *that* much more different.

Overall, I'd have to say Mammoths are highly underwhelming.

Edit: clarification
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 19:55:24 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2016 19:56:51 by Team Skull

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :

Which is why I disregard it. Anecdotal evidence is the weakest form of evidence.

Team Skull said :
If they care more about Slayer exp, that is on them, but unless there is some statistic that shows people slay for strictly slayer exp that would *actually* give it some remote level of presence, it is essentially a non-argument.

You have no evidence either, so, you can't really say that the task is pointless because it is not efficient. How do you know how many people slay purely for efficiently? Compared to how many did it just to get 120 Slayer just for the cape? I'd hazard a guess it's pretty evenly split. You cannot assume because one side of the argument does not have evidence that the other is correct by default.

Team Skull said :
Even then, in terms of GP, Nihil in 15 minutes will make you ~1.3m (assuming you make 5m/hour there (they can make upwards of 7m/hour)) while with total EXP, Airut give 241.5k exp (assuming you don't use Berserk or a titan) compared to a Mammoth's 255k exp (using a tryhard DPS setup). Even if you use *just* Berserk, that jumps up the EXP/15 minutes at Airut to 362.2k, crushing the 255k of Mammoths.

A 15 minute Mammoth task is around 800k (it depends on the price of Mammoth tusks, but ~2/task average at whatever they cost on top of that) too, so not much lower than Nihil (and you are not factoring in the fact Nihils are not 7m+/hr anymore)

If you are slaying for both slayer xp and gp, Mammoths are worth it, as they are a good mixture of both gp and slayer xp - no task other than Edimmus comes close to this balance, really, and even then, Edimmus take a lot longer than 15 minutes which gives Mammoths another advantage - the 'Free points' aspect.

If you are slaying for both gp and xp, which many people do, then they are a good task. (The "good ways to make money" thread a few weeks ago)
Unslain Bosses - Clan

11-Jan-2016 20:03:07

Evil Lucario
Jul Member 2012

Evil Lucario

Posts: 8,116 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fleekstar said :
Evil Lucario said :
https://youtu.be/OGr1_qIstlE

I like

a-ha at the start really threw me off, I though something else was playing :P

AaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA

Gets me every single time lol

E: For a different song, the first song is better in my opinion
Twitter @EvilLucario
| Owner of Boss School (HLF Link) | Teaching High-leveled PvM!

11-Jan-2016 20:04:58 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2016 20:06:32 by Evil Lucario

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top