Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Team Skull said :
The amount of people who are at such a point where Mammoths would be "efficient" to slay

I never said they were efficient - I just said they were good slayer/hr, which they are.

Team Skull said :
If you're 200m all Melee stats, sure, but again- the amount of people with that is so stupidly low it puts into question who these monsters were *really* designed for and therefore their worth.

What do my combat stats have to do with it? I said they offer a great balance of slayer xp and gp, there is nothing incorrect about that. A fair amount of people are doing slayer to get "120 slayer", so yes, they are a decent task in that respect.

Team Skull said :
so they're supposed to be the best in terms of GP/EXP compared to other Slayer monsters.

They're Elite as in they are the toughest Slayer monsters; they are "Elite Slayer Monsters", not the "Elite Money Droppers", and they are one of the best slayer xp/hr tasks, which more fits the "Elite Slayer Monster" title, not "Elite Combat Monsters".

Team Skull said :
If it's more profit to kill one task and there's not much of a difference for another task in terms of EXP, what is their purpose besides to sit there and look pretty? They're not really efficient which contradicts the definition of "Elite".

It is a mistake. Mammoths are one task, they should be compared to one other task and that's it. If Mammoths took hours to complete and you could fit Y Xp-based task + X Gp-based task into the same amount of time, sure, it's a fair comparison, but you can't, so it isn't.

They are a fair balance between xp/hr and gp/hr, much like Edimmus are... But people don't see it as worth killing because they actually have to do something to kill them.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

11-Jan-2016 18:40:26

Avogadro

Avogadro

Posts: 4,088 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fleekstar said :
Singularity said :
What's the tactic at Mammoths for fast kills?

Dual rapiers, Destroy when their third adren bar comes up and pray melee then.

I haven't really done too many but that's works for me

Nah, shield swap + reflect. Can dish out upwards of 10k damage in reflects.
7:^]

11-Jan-2016 18:47:35

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top