Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Fleekstar said :
What it about? Mammoths being bad when they're actually good?

They...are though. They're horribly inefficient compared to *Kal'Gerions* (and those are considered inefficient)

The only time they can be considered remotely "efficient" is when you're 200m all Melee (Which by then if you're Slaying to 200m all Melee, your Slayer EXP would already be stupidly close to 200m as is if you're not already there), which, as I mentioned, it puts into question who Mammoths were truly designed for. It even puts into question their worth as a Slayer task.

Even in total EXP, they get stiff competition from Kal'Gerions and get shat on by Airut (just to name 2 examples) and in GP, the amount of tasks that blow Mammoths out of the water is large (and that's not even using tasks that give them stiff competition).

So yes, Mammoths are a garbage task that I would block if my block list wasn't already full.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 18:33:57

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,657 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avogadro said :
Singularity said :
I've always just skipped Mammoths :P

I cycle between Nihils (<3), Rune dragons, Edimmus and Lava wyrms (they give other people drops but not ME?) - I do quick tasks like Miths, dags and etc.

In fact, I skip all 4 elites. So far, my points seem to be managing fine at least (all I care about).

You're 200m slayer. I would probably stop doing mammoths and maybe rippers then as well. The combat xp from mammoths is okay, but the slayer xp is great.

He's 200m combat too (well, besides a few millions attack and magic as he's been saving them to spam... or something), so he's basically just bad for doing things for enjoyment after not being able to gain xp!

11-Jan-2016 18:34:31 - Last edited on 11-Jan-2016 18:35:00 by Seeker

Team Skull
Aug Member 2008

Team Skull

Posts: 24,511 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Avogadro said :
He also thinks I'm upset. When in fact, I'm in awe. His stupidity astounds me.

Mate, if you weren't salty you wouldn't even be commenting on anything I am saying regarding what I say about you.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself.
"Revenge...is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."- Jeremy Taylor

11-Jan-2016 18:35:57

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top