HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya

StoutStarmie said :
Only really challenging part when learning tbh is getting through blood phase consistently and timing anticipate so you can chug food for ice prisons. The rest is mostly endurance and I don't care too much for kill speed so I just use a yak and it's not bad
I do the same, I haven't done many kills yet and I'm still kinda 'hungry' when it comes to food consumption on ice and zaros so haven't tried nihil :(
Selective Completionist

08-Dec-2015 15:00:17

Demonborn
Feb Member 2023

Demonborn

Posts: 4,749 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Hiya

StoutStarmie said :
Only really challenging part when learning tbh is getting through blood phase consistently and timing anticipate so you can chug food for ice prisons. The rest is mostly endurance and I don't care too much for kill speed so I just use a yak and it's not bad
I do the same, I haven't done many kills yet and I'm still kinda 'hungry' when it comes to food consumption on ice and zaros so haven't tried nihil :(

Oddly enough nihil speeds up the kill enough that you actually take less damage and require less food. But it requires a certain degree of comfort.

Personally I can't do it very well because I'm not very good at nex soloing, but in my prior attempts id get to Zaros usually with quite some food left and I'd die for silly reasons
Proud Rock Climber, Owner of the original Weekend Hardmode Vorago Team, The Supreme, The Billionaire, Author of the Red Sacrificial Teddy Bear, Owner of 3a Dyed Drygore Longs
Highest Send Currently: V13

08-Dec-2015 15:12:23

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Demonborn said :
Oddly enough nihil speeds up the kill enough that you actually take less damage and require less food. But it requires a certain degree of comfort.
I did consider this :P will wait a little longer though, still

E: Why do most people seem to choose torva boots over steadfast?
Selective Completionist

08-Dec-2015 15:16:01 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2015 15:18:03 by Amaethwr

Demonborn
Feb Member 2023

Demonborn

Amaethwr said :
Demonborn said :
I did consider this :P will wait a little longer though, still

E: Why do most people seem to choose torva boots over steadfast?

Power t80 boots are useful while tank t80 boots for the most part aren't.

I use bandos boots personally because I'm cheap :>
Proud Rock Climber, Owner of the original Weekend Hardmode Vorago Team, The Supreme, The Billionaire, Author of the Red Sacrificial Teddy Bear, Owner of 3a Dyed Drygore Longs

08-Dec-2015 15:19:39

Demonborn
Feb Member 2023

Demonborn

Evil Lucario said :
Yeah I also use Bandos boots for Nex solos. At bare minimum you need T65 Melee boots (only thing that exists like that are Bandos boots).

Final exam in 5 hours...

good luck! don't freak out like i've been!

08-Dec-2015 15:26:50

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top