Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,473 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This boss can easily raise your enrage levels significantly. Only the more enraged we get, the less likely we are to return to the boss, practically handing the spider the victory for the day.

Lots of annoying mechanics really. Most deaths are down to BS or sometimes bad luck.

08-Dec-2015 13:06:23

StoutStarmie

StoutStarmie

Posts: 2,515 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Only really challenging part when learning tbh is getting through blood phase consistently and timing anticipate so you can chug food for ice prisons. The rest is mostly endurance and I don't care too much for kill speed so I just use a yak and it's not bad
It's not the end that I fear with each breath, it's life that scares me to death

08-Dec-2015 13:26:01

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :

I'll show you my setup if you want it too o:

That would be useful, I've got like 50-60 kills mostly from duo for reaper, was a while ago though

Solo's I just flop on blood usually and that pretty much makes or breaks the kill :[
help.

08-Dec-2015 13:29:37 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2015 13:30:24 by Lust

Demonborn
Feb Member 2023

Demonborn

Posts: 4,749 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
This boss can easily raise your enrage levels significantly. Only the more enraged we get, the less likely we are to return to the boss, practically handing the spider the victory for the day.

Lots of annoying mechanics really. Most deaths are down to BS or sometimes bad luck.

The only true bs deaths at araxxor are web reflects at high enrage imo.

I piercing shot can easily 1 hit you if you get unlucky enough.

I really hate reflect mechanics though

@ Lust

If you aren't trying to get super fast nex times, blood can be done in two or three siphons easily by just killing blood reapers first then attacking nex and making sure to not get hit by her sacrifice attack

@Rowley

I started enjoying solos when corruption shot/blast didn't heal her. I imagine it was as easy as it was when conc blast was op
Proud Rock Climber, Owner of the original Weekend Hardmode Vorago Team, The Supreme, The Billionaire, Author of the Red Sacrificial Teddy Bear, Owner of 3a Dyed Drygore Longs
Highest Send Currently: V13

08-Dec-2015 13:38:20

Demonborn
Feb Member 2023

Demonborn

Posts: 4,749 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also morning people :)

Edit: and grats sing!
Proud Rock Climber, Owner of the original Weekend Hardmode Vorago Team, The Supreme, The Billionaire, Author of the Red Sacrificial Teddy Bear, Owner of 3a Dyed Drygore Longs
Highest Send Currently: V13

08-Dec-2015 13:39:48 - Last edited on 08-Dec-2015 13:40:18 by Demonborn

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top