Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Vlod VonVern
Jul Member 2020

Vlod VonVern

Posts: 1,049 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I must admit I like some of the ideas above, however does anyone else feel that some of these competitions could only be won by having high skills? Perhaps a competition like the screenshot idea would be better for the whole community, as then more can get involved and have a chance of winning.

On another note, seeing as I run a W41 Roleplay, perhaps a competition that implements roleplaying. No idea on how to actually make this competition, perhaps roleplayer of the year or something. Then again, this would only matter to a small about of the community so perhaps not, wouldn't want players being unable to get involved. Well thats my idea anyway, roleplayer of the year competition, we could do a vote-based competition for it.
Roll a D20 to pay respects.

08-Feb-2013 10:52:18

Slave

Slave

Posts: 749 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think it would be a fun idea to spread J-mods across Runescape and have each J-mod pick an edible item on Runescape that you could normally eat in real life. Such as a banana. The first J-mod will have a full inventory of a different food item in their inventory, and must start with a central J-mod. The central J-mod will give a clue as to where the J-mod with the first food item is found;the first 28 players to trade and receive the edible food from the J-mod advance to the second round as to where the second J-mod is found, but this time the second J-mod will only have 14 food items as to eliminate 14 players; the third J-mod will have 7, then 4..etc. The winner of the challenge will recieve 1 month membership and the others will receive a consolation prize of the J-mods choice. But....theres also a catch... The winner of the challenge picks any J-mod they wish..and that J-mod has to eat everything in real life that's in the winning players inventory blended up altogether, and must endure a 1/4 cup of it. :) - Hope this suggestion does well, I would love to see a mod's terrorizing face as he takes the first sip. XD
#Taemtypo
-
Friends
-
Games
-
Love
-

Just kidding ;)

13-Feb-2013 03:03:10 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2013 03:04:40 by Slave

Dragoon_Wind

Dragoon_Wind

Posts: 63 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I actually currently host a competition called Sharks and Money. What it is, is it's a competition that has an average of 13-17 contestants that compete in different challenges week by week in which at least 1 person gets eliminated. Depending on where they place in the competition, they win a certain amount of money. I'm actually now about to start the 7th season of it. The reason why I'm posting here about it, is because getting new members to join it has always been a struggle however possibly if it gets out to the larger runescape community a lot more people will be able to enjoy it.

If you want to check out the thread for it, this is the QFC.

42-43-356-65095477

29-Jul-2013 20:22:14

Guys
Mar Member 2018

Guys

Posts: 5,410 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The old competitions with the name of Quiz Quest and Caption Competition need to be revived! They were amazingly popular with the community which created lots of fun.

They need to re-emerge because some of the competitions that you do now are used as videoing and many of us don't/can't enter them due to them being video submissions only.

Here are some examples of past Competitions:

December Quiz Quest and the January Caption Competition .

The rewards for coming first or a runner up weren't much to ask for and still aren't. 3 months of membership and some Jagex Store Credit if you came first and 1 month membership for runners up and for the video competitions... Lifetime membership. Surely it wouldn't hurt to revive these competitions where anyone who plays RuneScape can have a go at receiving a little prize compared to the Video competitions.

All I wanted to say. :D

02-Aug-2013 17:31:13

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top