Forums

Your Competition Ideas Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040

Silverly

Silverly

Posts: 312 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heya all and Mod Paul M!
I think that a competition should be something, where every member of community could simply enter, with equal changes to win over others.
But what is that, which connects both game and its community well?
I would call out a community game called: Gift of the day!
What? It's simple! Write us something that you did today in game which helped someone from the community!
How do we know if it's a true story? But do we really have to? If it's creative and made with a pure heart and soul, it still gives us the idea of who you are and what you are capable of!
This is one of my many "Brilliant" ideas. I let you and the others decide if it's worth it or not!
Silver,

16-Jan-2011 21:52:15 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2011 21:54:21 by Silverly

Goviper
Oct Member 2021

Goviper

Posts: 3,801 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well you guys have done video pictures, songs and poems why not remix!
Remix Competition with songs that the Audio team will provide :O
It is something you guys have not done and it will be interesting to hear what some people can make. ;)

17-Jan-2011 14:24:01

Mustashi

Mustashi

Posts: 41 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello, i got Big Idea's with runescape.
Well maybe question's.
There is a another way to get you Runescpae account back from Perm banned.
And why you cant vote a ticked in the game if you need Game help in runescape.?
More infentory Bags?
More space on grand exchange?
(All slots you want BUT pay some little money to set up items on grand Exchange.
Forums for idea's?
More event's like Valenten day?
I hope you can answar me question's And
Sorry for my bad english i try my best.
Greetz, Pous2

17-Jan-2011 21:12:17

Maro

Maro

Posts: 1,018 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You had to know it was coming...
And, not having parsed through the 40-something pages, I'm sure it's in here at least six times, but...
A Competition for the Top 10 (as selected by Jagex for obvious reasons) Suggestions for New Content. When the Ten are selected through whatever means are used to decide such things at Jagex (the discussion of fine detail of balance and direction, the estimation of work/payout ratio, the reading of entrails and casting of the oracle bones - I know not), and when the Ten are chosen, the community votes on them...perhaps secretly.
Ideally, the winning idea would not be announced until the day it is ready.
Oh, and one more thing: Anyone posting suggestions for the Competition found in the "Suggestions to Avoid" section of the Suggestion Forum Specific Rules thread will have their account banned so hard that it bans the people who posted above and below them as well, and mutes everyone on the same page for a week.
Or, as suggested a few pages back, a Voice Competition, with the best five being included (perhaps after being gone over by the audio team for effects and such) and become attached to their respective NPCs. If so...I call Dibs on Melzar the Mad :)

19-Jan-2011 11:59:58 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2011 12:10:17 by Maro

Vytautas
Sep Member 2010

Vytautas

Posts: 154 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
RuneScape clan banner competition!
That right you hear me right, its clan banner competition time! you all know that Wildy is comming back and that half of runescape's population will join a clan for ultimate fun experience :D and whats a better way to represent your clan than a clan banner ?! Seriously

19-Jan-2011 20:51:19 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2011 20:52:27 by Vytautas

Maro

Maro

Posts: 1,018 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Actually, instead of the things suggested in my last post, I'd like to see a fundraiser and then a competition for the Charity Organization or other such issue to which the money goes. We donate money, Jagex matches whatever's donated at some percentage, meanwhile ideas for who the money goes to are suggested, and when we reach our target goal (Say, $25,000), we hold a vote on who (or for what cause, if there isn't an established Charity for the matter) amongst the suggestions the money goes to.

20-Jan-2011 01:56:56

OCH_Izenai
Apr Member 2023

OCH_Izenai

Posts: 216 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Im short on big ideas right now but I do ask that you keep the level 3 skillers like me in mind if its going to be an ingame event. I think I'd lose a combat-included event. Thanks for considering.

20-Jan-2011 06:34:09 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2011 06:35:25 by OCH_Izenai

Atrox Eques

Atrox Eques

Posts: 1,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Idea 1:
As there is coming now a big change for the player kills (which I am too)
I feel there must come also something new for the skillers.
So I'd say organize a competition for the greatest idea's for a skill dungeon.
(Not just full of rune rocks, magic tree's the best of the best - but a dungeon filled with minigames, quests, new dungeoneering possibilities WITHOUT combat involved, a new world maybe like the lost city, ...)
Idea 2:
A music competition for pking/staking music.
Idea 3:
Runescape the movie - Made by players but with out of the game content to work with as it is quite difficult to make that within runescape.
Idea 4:
New runescape background, (look up!). It is good but I've seen it too much :p
Idea 5:
In-game character design competiton; I know they have been renewed but one player having the honour to have made one of these would be cool for him/her.
Idea 6:
New skill competiton (probs somebody else made that already=p)
Idea 7:
New forum smiley competition.
Idea 8:
Send all your idea's to atrox to inspire him as I am out of ideas.
Idea 9:
A competition for new competition ideas

20-Jan-2011 12:32:01 - Last edited on 20-Jan-2011 14:07:20 by Atrox Eques

Quick find code: 254-255-9-61790040 Back to Top