08-Jul-2020 19:20:59

The contents of this message have been hidden

09-Jul-2020 08:55:22

The contents of this message have been hidden

09-Jul-2020 14:16:33

Mod Kari

Mod Kari

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

It's 7am on a Friday, it's raining and I've got some excellent tunes on. Let's review some forum moderation reports!

Alaska Died - I support the F-Mods decision to lock the thread in question. After some thought however I have opted to reopen it .

Whilst I'm not looking to set a prescedent of having numerous threads when we could condense conversation into one or two, I am looking to make it as easy as possible for our community members to have the conversations they want to have.

To others who read this, please don't abuse this liberty. If repeat threads pop up they will still be locked.

Froud - Thanks for the report. While this thread primarily exists to review the actions of moderators, I'm happy to answer your questions about this thread.

The title should not have been allowed to stick around. As you mentioned, it is jarring and alienating, especially to newcomers. I have now changed it .

The thread itself is highly charged, but I like to think it comes from a place of genuine energy and passion for RuneScape. I'm also a firm believer that we should be encouraging these honest conversations about the things we like and the things we don't like. While it could have been worded differently, I see no issue in these types of threads existing. It's why we have the Rants category!

Nex Origin - While you might not have been baiting as the F-Mod suggested, the content of your post is similar to what some do when they are attempting to bait people. To this end, I understand why the F-Mod locked your thread.

That said, I think the decision was somewhat hasty. As a goodwill gesture I have unlocked it . I've also commented with further details on the thread.

I encourage moderators who read this to avoid making assumptions about peoples motives when they make threads. If it happens again, I'll be sure to have more formal conversations about this.

Nex Origin - I support the decisions made by the F-Mods in question in this instance. I suspect you knew exactly how your comments and your tone would come across.

Please abide by F-Mod warnings and the forum rules, rather than looking for the line and getting as close as possible.

Ownage Omg - I agree that the thread in question is pushing it. A review of how F-Mods approach these sorts of posts and the guidelines by which they act would help, and it's something I'm keen to explore (time permitting). The current practice of allowing known trolls to make questionable posts, even if the post is technically within the rules, needs to be discussed.

That said, I do not feel as though your comment on the thread added anything constructive. A better approach would have been to directly report it either to myself or the F-Mod team. Please bear that in mind for the future.

Mrs Ana - Thank you for the report. I am in complete agreement, and will find the time to work with the F-Mod team to accomodate your great suggestion.

dunforgiven - I support the decision and actions made by the F-Mod.

For the record, sharing opinions and incorrect information under the guise of hard facts is not good practice.

Nex Origin - I have been unable to determine why the thread was hidden. I will continue to investigate.

There's a couple of people who made reports that I haven't included above. You know who you are. I've acted accordingly based on your reports.

As usual, thanks for the reports. Have a great weekend!

Community Manager

Needs more Ben & Jerrys

10-Jul-2020 08:54:59

Quick find code: 254-255-595-66013672 Back to Top