Forums

Forum Moderation Review V2. Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-595-66013672

Mod Kari

Mod Kari

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Hey all! Time for another Forum Moderation Review!

gozzzz - The F-Mod acted incorrectly. I have spoken to them about their choice of words and they have agreed to improve their behavour going forward. I will monitor and take additional action further down the line if needed.

I trust the above is sufficient to cover both of your points.

gozzzz - I don't consider the message you've reported to be targeting you in any malicious way.

Furthermore this thread is for reporting potentially incorrect F-Mod activity. It is not a place to ask why an F-Mod did not act.

Archaeox - The thread you linked to covers a touchy subject. Whilst the F-Mod in question might not have provided the perfect answer, they had no malicious intent in their response. Though I don't feel action is needed on this occassion, I will keep an eye on the F-Mod to see that this doesn't become a trend.

Jim Schill 3 - I don't feel as though the F-Mod in question acted incorrectly. The information shared in their message was already willingly shared by yourself, even if they deleted your original post.

Trewavas - It looks as though the whole post was hidden, not just your comment. For the record, I agree that your comment on its own did not need to be hidden.

FiFi LaFeles - I have posted on the thread in question, reversing some of the actions taken by the F-Mod. While they had no malicious intent, I agree that on this occassion incorrect action was taken.

Stemming from this I am taking the time to organise a Community Building Session with F-Mods to refresh them on aspects of their responsibilities that might have slipped the net over the years.

Anonymous - I've changed your name to grant animousity.

I agree with your report and have unlocked a thread that had been locked by an F-Mod. I have sent a message to them and although they haven't responded yet, I'll further this conversation with them to work out what happened here.

Thanks again everyone for your reports. I'm happy to see this process yielding positive changes in the community and I hope we can continue to address concerns and challenges in constructive and creative ways going forwards!

Oh, and before I forget - don't post black text. It makes my eyes hurt against this background!

Stay safe!

Community Manager

Needs more Ben & Jerrys

03-Jun-2020 16:44:44

The contents of this message have been hidden

03-Jun-2020 17:33:26

05-Jun-2020 11:16:12

05-Jun-2020 11:16:34

06-Jun-2020 02:00:51

08-Jun-2020 01:14:09

08-Jun-2020 07:53:13

08-Jun-2020 09:24:41

Mod Kari

Mod Kari

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Two reviews in a single week? What's going on?!

Fungus Fubar - I have been unable to find any connection between your allegations of market manipulation and the F-Mod in question.

Furthermore this thread is for questioning the actions taken by F-Mods here on the forums, and we encourage you to follow the template provided on the first page of this thread to ensure we can effectively find the information we need to assess the situation.

As you didn't do this, and as you made some very serious and largely unsupported claims in your post, I'm putting you on warning for misusing this thread.

Doomofdawest - The F-Mod in question has not acted beyond the current guidelines, though they perhaps could have elaborated more as to why the original thread was closed. On this occasion no action will be taken.

Jeremy Cheng - From the looks of it the entire thread (in which your post was hidden in) was hidden. Asking for it to be unhidden would have likely contradicted the request of OP and the discretion of the F-Mods, who jointly decided to close it. This could however have been explained better by the F-Mod in question.

If you saw my previous FMR post, I mentioned F-Mod refresher sessions on community building. I will be sure to include a discussion on increasing the transparency of decisions taken by F-Mods.

Archaeox - Firstly I must commend you on the colourful imagery conjured by your use of the phrase "mod shopping". I can imagine a few of them nestled in my trolley next to the Doritos.

Unfortunately I must disagree with it. Whilst it might have been correct for the F-Mods to just signpost the user to this thread for J-Mod intervention, the fact that one F-Mod took the time to explain their decisions shows a positive shift towards transparency and accountability. I much prefer a forum where we understand why moderation is taking place because the moderators are taking the time to explain their actions.

With that said, perhaps there could have been more unity from the F-Mods on the thread in question. I'll raise it with them when I next get the chance to talk to them collectively.

Only 9 Lives - Generally speaking, it's the F-Mod role to decide what threads get locked, hidden etc. Keeping that in mind, I won't intervene on this occasion, but I will request them to give it further consideration. It will remain their decision as to whether it remains open or not.

Stay safe and have a great week!

Community Manager

Needs more Ben & Jerrys

09-Jun-2020 09:34:55 - Last edited on 09-Jun-2020 09:36:22 by Mod Kari

12-Jun-2020 03:34:10

Quick find code: 254-255-595-66013672 Back to Top