Forums

Player Gallery 56 - Winners

Quick find code: 254-255-533-65745153

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zepertix said :
Dang. Better luck next time I guess, congratulations to the winners

A request: PLEASE make these forum threads searchable. It was literally impossible to find the Player Gallery 56 prompt thread. No key words regarding it would work, even after copying and pasting the title into the search bar on the forums it still didn't come up with it. It took me forever to finally find it again by manually searching through the events and competitions folder. Please don't make me do that, please just make this stuff searchable, I like to reference back to them to confirm due dates and ewview the prompt and requirements.

When can we expect the next competition? I'm keen to have another go
Zepertix
, are your (default) search options preventing stickies and locked threads from showing up in your search results? If so, then please support my thread about how that needs to be changed, because this is an issue that severely debilitates a player's foruming experience.

The prompt thread is now locked, which is probably why you couldn't find it, but you can find it here :)

Player Gallery 56 - 15th B'day
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

07-Feb-2016 20:43:03 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2016 06:40:24 by Vera

Mod Neena

Mod Neena

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Zepertix said :
Dang. Better luck next time I guess, congratulations to the winners

A request: PLEASE make these forum threads searchable. It was literally impossible to find the Player Gallery 56 prompt thread. No key words regarding it would work, even after copying and pasting the title into the search bar on the forums it still didn't come up with it. It took me forever to finally find it again by manually searching through the events and competitions folder. Please don't make me do that, please just make this stuff searchable, I like to reference back to them to confirm due dates and ewview the prompt and requirements.

When can we expect the next competition? I'm keen to have another go

Your design was amazing! You're very talented.

The web team are working on a number of projects and I have no doubt one of them is to improve the search features in the future. I'll be sending an inbox message to your RuneScape inbox at some point today! Congrats and glad we could show off your artwork here. :D
Marketing Campaign Executive
@JagexNeena
#FoodCrazy
#TaemTypo

08-Feb-2016 09:48:02

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,054 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yay, I was waiting to see these entries for quite some time. Big congratulations to all of the winners. For those of you who didn't win or weren't featured this time- don't lose heart! You're all so talented, every single one of these was amazing. Just keep trying & pour your soul into what you're doing, it's bound to happen sooner or later (I'd venture to say sooner ;) ).

As a side note, I do agree with making these threads, both the competition thread & winners thread, more readily available & easier to find. Just for the convenience for players who may not have a Twitter or other social media who have easier access to information like this. I'm curious to know if some sort of email (or something similar) is sent to the players who submitted an entry to alert them of when the thread announcing the winners is released- something similar could be feasible, if not.

Anyways, great job again to all entrants. Keep up the fantastic work. Any ETA on when #57 will be out? :)
~Apa

08-Feb-2016 11:22:22

Mod Neena

Mod Neena

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Oh yes, I was meant to say. With the Premiere of our documentary this week and GameBlast at the end of this month we're thinking the next Player Gallery will be around next month in the 'Events and Competition' forum.

All winners do get contacted to let them know they've won or they're a runner up. This month has been slightly different in that all players receive concept art as a part of the prize, sadly I've been caught up with sorting out documentary invites out which needed to be done before this week, I didn't want to risk messing up the inbox message I sent everyone, I'm already at a disadvantage with my typo issues. ;)

We'll do our best to post on Reddit as well as the forums and promote on Twitter and mention it on streams. It's been made so difficult since the wiki has become un-editable. I understand that it's frustrating but hopefully getting all the images in a gallery we can control will help put Player Gallery and Player Gallery competitions in better light in the future.
Marketing Campaign Executive
@JagexNeena
#FoodCrazy
#TaemTypo

08-Feb-2016 14:25:44

Apazos

Apazos

Posts: 3,054 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ah great I'll be looking forward to that one as well. Although I probably won't be entering it, it'll still be nice to see what everyone conjures up. My artwork is abhorrent at best. lol :P

It's good to know that players are contacted if they'd won & came runner up, otherwise I could see it being generally a pain to keep checking every few days from the day that the competition ended. Now that you mention it... on the subject of typo's- not exactly a typo, but I just had to, sorry! lol X) Mod Neena said :
As all of the prizes contain concept art, everyone will be contacted first thing next
weekregarding
their prizes, for now, please enjoy the weekend.

Hopefully some of the future endeavors in spreading awareness work out well, because I'm sure a lot of people are genuinely interested in this kind of thing, but are just unaware that such things are taking place. I saw a similar scenario in with events (specifically Jmod & Pmod events), wherein people are generally interested in them, but just aren't aware that they're happening. The notifications on the game clock helped with that a ton, however. It'd be cool to see something similar with these. Maybe not to the same extent as events, but something similar the polling system, where it gives a notification when new ones are out in the community tab. I don't know, just a suggestion. :) Thanks a ton for keeping these going, & keeping us all informed. ^_^
~Apa

08-Feb-2016 17:13:54 - Last edited on 08-Feb-2016 17:14:56 by Apazos

Zepertix

Zepertix

Posts: 96 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just wondering, if we know for sure that there is not going to be a Player Gallery for this month, why not introduce a new topic early? That way we will ahve even more time to procrastinate... I mean do a throrough job on our works...

Seriously though! I wouldn't mind the extra time to get going ont he next gallery. Especially if I want to get references or coordinate it with an irl project. I would think most people would agree that more time would not be bad, especially if we know we won't be getting a Player's Gallery this month.

Just a suggestion!
Archmage of Zaros

15-Feb-2016 21:26:26

Quick find code: 254-255-533-65745153 Back to Top