Forums

WIN: a trip for 2 to RuneFest! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
RuneFest 2014 promises to be the best yet – and we’re offering one lucky Scaper the chance to win an all-expenses-paid trip for two to the biggest RuneScape celebration of the year!

What we’d like is a video, of 45 seconds or less, showing why you should spend the summer in RuneScape.

You can check out the competition over on Facebook, here.

Find out more about the competition in the newspost

This thread is designed to share the FAQs and T&Cs of the competition. If you have any further questions, feel free to comment and I’ll try to answer them! Our standard competition T&Cs are available here.

How many times am I allowed to enter?
As many times as you like! We’d prefer one top-quality video over many lower-quality videos though. You will get one entry per video submitted.

What format can the video be in, and how can I enter?
Instagram, Vines and YouTube videos will be allowed; you can enter directly through the Facebook app by submitting the URL of the video into the submission form [LINK], or on Instagram or Twitter by using the hashtag #WishYouWereInRuneScape in the post/upload and it'll automatically be submitted!

*Note - videos must be under 45 seconds to be considered. However, that 45 seconds counts for actual content, so if you'd like to put in an introduction/end graphic to display the '#WishYouWereInRuneScape' tag, we'll allow that to be up to 10 seconds of extra footage, as this is not technically part of the video.

When does the competition begin and end?
Competition begins on Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, at 10am BST, and ends on Sunday, July 20th 2014 at 11.59pm BST. The gallery will then be opened, and 'Scapers will have the chance to vote for their favourite on Facebook until 11.59PM on Sunday, July 27th.

Who can enter?
Anyone! Just be aware if you’re under 18, your other winning ticket will have to be taken by a parent or guardian (see below).

What are we looking for in a great video?
In a word, creativity. Videos can be IRL videos, Machinimas, animated – you name it! We want them to be as creative and different as you can manage. Mod Lee’s example is just to give you inspiration; we want you to let your creative juices flow!

The only limitation is that the video needs to be 45 seconds or under.
Any videos with inappropriate content (swearing, offensive language, derogatory terms, nudity, sexual content), will not be displayed in our entrants’ gallery.

What music can I use?
Be careful here. Please don't use any music which isn't either owned by yourself, or in the public domain, or RuneScape music, without the explicit permission of the copyright owner. Crediting them is not enough, because YouTube may force you to delete the video (and we don't want that!).

For reference, you're allowed to use any RuneScape music you like, provided you mention it's not your music, and credit Jagex in the description for your video.

How will the competition be judged?
After the competition deadline has passed, we’ll display all of the videos in a Facebook gallery – the five videos which receive the most ‘likes’ by 11.59pm on Sunday, July 27th, will go forward to be judged by our team of expert Jmod judges.

One winner will be chosen at the discretion of our expert panel of judges. The winner will be notified via email on the week beginning July 28th, and needs to claim their prize within 7 days of receiving the confirmation.

The five finalists will be posted on a special newspost after the competition has ended, with their respective YouTube/Vine/Instagram channels promoted.

What is the prize?
Prize is an all-expenses-paid trip to RuneFest 2014 for two people, on Saturday 11th October 2014, including two-nights' accommodation (on Friday, October 10th and Saturday, October 11th 2014), entry to RuneFest, transport/flights (if applicable), and £100 spending money.

Winner will also receive a Golden Gnome award in the presentation ceremony in the evening.

Winners must be available to travel on either Thursday, October 9th 2014, or Friday 10th October 2014, depending on their location. Transport and accommodation will be provided by, and at the discretion of, Jagex.

Prize has no monetary equivalent, and cannot be exchanged. If player has already bought tickets to RuneFest 2014 by July 28th, Jagex will refund transport/accommodation/entry already spent, provided suitable evidence. If winner is under the age of 18, they will need parental permission to claim the prize, and the second ticket must be given to a suitable parent/guardian over the age of 18.

GOOD LUCK!

Mod JD
Community Management
Reddit | Facebook | Youtube | Twitter | Twitch | Follow me on Twitter
RuneScape Social Media Manager; lover of football, Marmite and all-things-awesome.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.'

25-Jun-2014 14:31:58 - Last edited on 10-Jul-2014 11:48:14 by Mod Jd

Slave

Slave

Posts: 749 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, very nice example. I'm going to try my heart out for a chance to go. Me and a buddy don't have the money so this would be a dream come true to win this. ^.^ Good luck to everyone that enters as well.
#Taemtypo
-
Friends
-
Games
-
Love
-

Just kidding ;)

02-Jul-2014 10:13:42

Ilomaster

Ilomaster

Posts: 144 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What if you don't use Twitter and Instagram? I find this really offensive, that you can only join with twitter and instagram. Some of us don't care about 'social' media!
I also don't care about Runefest, but just making a point.

02-Jul-2014 11:03:35 - Last edited on 02-Jul-2014 11:04:02 by Ilomaster

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Dr SCP-049 said :
when we make the video is it like we have to make it in-real-life format or in-game format?

You can do either, or both! :)
RuneScape Social Media Manager; lover of football, Marmite and all-things-awesome.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.'

02-Jul-2014 11:05:35

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839 Back to Top