Forums

First Weekend of Old School

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Stop complaining about your stupid quest , 2007 is the best ur stupid eoc is trash are you disabled bor? "

You are the most unpleasant individual I have ever had this misfortune to talk too. I'm guessing you weren't even old enough to play in 2007.

"ook im sorry kiddy winks, 07 was the perfect game, us older players love it and never wanted it to change, we got our game we love back, as for EOC , that is the abomination , some horrible rip off of world of lolcraft combat system, and over complicated play style. Over ambitious for a java based game. "

1) I played inn 07. And guess what? I didn't vote.
2) It's not perfect. Far from it.
3) Have you ever even played World of Warcraft? Its completely different.
4) If you never wanted it to change, why the heck are you playing Runescape?
Rip off your nostalgia goggles son, because guess what? In three weeks, you're going to be bored of 07.

25-Feb-2013 19:37:34

5cotty
Nov Member 2023

5cotty

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a) i played since the 2001, so you can quit now thinking you know more than me.
b) yes i played vanilla through to wotlk
c)no it's not perfect if anything it could be even older version pre barrows, but i will happily take this over nothing
and d) no i will not get bored after 3 weeks, especially as there are leaderboards thousands will continue to play this, you don't feel like you are missing out a single thing on the EOC version. you can just really get into this as a separate game

So please go back to EOC forums. we don't need you here polluting what will be a fantastic community.

25-Feb-2013 19:47:46

Brad 76

Brad 76

Posts: 1,380 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@th3 bomb, in case you didn't know this is on the homepage, im sure you havent made it out of the 07 forumns in a few days but maybe check the homepage before you start telling people to go back to eoc forumns....lol

25-Feb-2013 19:55:34

acylous
Nov Member 2023

acylous

Posts: 594 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We don't have a problem with 07scape or the people that enjoy it. Our issue is with jagex. They said 07scape wouldnt interfere with updates on the current game, but instead of getting a quest we were promised in bts we got a bunch of BS about 07scape. We didn't even get an explanation. The only thing on the front page was this garbage

25-Feb-2013 19:58:22

Haa Haa Jink
Oct Member 2009

Haa Haa Jink

Posts: 6,602 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
a) i played since the 2001, so you can quit now thinking you know more than me.

Never said I did. At all. I was pointing out that you shouldn't speak for all of us. I also seriously question whether you actually did - but whatever. That's not really relevant,

b) yes i played vanilla through to wotlk

Then I don't get your point. People who play both say it's nothing like it, but we'll accept that as a matter of opinion.

c)no it's not perfect if anything it could be even older version pre barrows, but i will happily take this over nothing

Glad you accept this. If it helps, EoC is definitely not perfect, either.

and d) no i will not get bored after 3 weeks, especially as there are leaderboards thousands will continue to play this, you don't feel like you are missing out a single thing on the EOC version. you can just really get into this as a separate game

This kind of highlights how everyone will get bored. The thrill of racing to be first and starting from fresh wears out quickly. Achievements are only achievements if they are within reach - if they are impossible to achieve, they are unrealistic. Once somebody hits the max in a stat - then what? Nostalgia clouding judgment.

"So please go back to EOC forums. we don't need you here polluting what will be a fantastic community. "

In case you didn't know, this was on the homepage. If it wasn't i'd gladly be going nowhere near this idiotic thing.
Also "fantastic" I would state is an overstatement. I would never define a community that spends months whining and demanding their server to only complain abut it afterwards and attack players who disagree with them or who do the same as "fantastic".

"The World Wakes? Yes, it's been delayed for 07. More details to come" - Mod Osborne

25-Feb-2013 20:03:06

Flack41940
Oct Member 2023

Flack41940

Posts: 211 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And people squabble over the most mundane things once again..

Doesn't matter where your loyalties lie. Eoc must > 07Scape, they promised. But 07 currently has the shiny factor. Give it 2 weeks at most, and we'll hopefully be back on track with Eoc content being released hopefully relatively on time with less bugs.

Please remember to give proper reasoning for your opinions..

25-Feb-2013 20:04:32

Quick find code: 254-255-226-64342907 Back to Top